2006 Cadillac DTS Consumer Review: 2006 DTS w/Performance Package

2006 Cadillac DTS Sedan - Consumer Review

2006 DTS w/Performance Package
By steve saunders on

2006 Cadillac DTS Performance 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

As a former Eldorado owner, the size of the DTS took a while to get used to. With the performance package it handles well for a car of its size and it still rides well. It has the best suspension for this car - I've driven both styles. The interior is typical Cadillac high quality. The downside of the interior is the cup holders. They are too shallow to really really hold cups or bottles, especially during turns or braking. I had issues with the original dealership and Cadillac introduced me to another dealer for any required maintenance or warranty work. Cadillac has excellent customer relations. I like the OnStar system. My next car will be an STS-V.

I love the high level of interior quality and handling from the performance package. This is a nice car.

Improve the radio display, the color is white and impossible to see with sun glare. The green display on my Eldorado was perfect. Also, when the sunroof is open it's too loud above 45 MPH. The cup holders are too shallow. This car needs to have the same horsepower as the STS V8.