2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac Deville - Consumer Reviews

2005 DeVille Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

Sort Reviews by

I love my car!
By Phillip

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2005 DTS in 2008 with only 35000 miles. Certified Used. We love this car, big, comfortable, and good gas mileage for a tank of this size (around 26 on the highway and 19 in the city) DTS has the tighter suspension and is very agile and doesn't feel like my grandmothers "floating" DeVille. Im a tall guy at 6ft1in and it gives me plenty of room while doing the same for the rear seat passengers. Has every option and gadget and I love it. Our next Car will be a DTS!

Favorite Features

Heated/cooled seats,heated steering wheel, ultra-sonic park assist,Bose Sound System, Rolling Lumbar, Northstar Engine, Power everything,regular gas, OnStar is great! SHES FAST AND BEAUTIFUL!

Suggested Improvements

Could be a little less roomy and comfortable so that on road trips all our friends wouldn't want to cruise along. I do wish they were rear wheel drive. Also wish they had the power sunshades like the DHS!

Worth keeping
By Warner Dauphinee

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Cadillac and 2nd DTS. It is the best one yet. All the bugs have been worked out in this model and I am almost afraid to get the new design. I have 46,000 miles on this and it rides like a new one.

Favorite Features

Heated steering wheel, massaging seats and heated and cooled seats. The paint color is White Lightening and shines day or night.

Suggested Improvements

The Navigation system could be improved upon. No new updated discs available. Tells you to refer to the map when starting and does not say right or left if you are starting at an intersection.

My DTS
By Richard Geiger

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac in a row. I have had others in the past. I am very happy to own and drive this car.

Favorite Features

It's comfortable ride

Suggested Improvements

The car emits a signal when a door is left ajar. I would like to have an automatic full closing feature added. BMW has this feature.

DeVille DTS
By Carleen

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 DeVille for 10 years which was better designed, and more comfortable than my 2005 DeVille. The bucket seats sink in the middle, with hard edges - 21 inches from front to back -- pressure on sciatic nerve in right leg causing numbness! The seat belts cuts across my neck (I'm 5'5")creating an irritating hazard. The seat belts and side air bags are attached to the seats (very poor design). This is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Cadillac needs to rethink this design! I'd never have bought it, if I had tried it first. It was purchased from an out of state dealer by my dealer. Dealers were out of cars, due to employee discount. Salesmen didn't know that DTS stood for "sport performance" car. Great for the under 40 6' tall guy.

Favorite Features

Handling, very responsive. OnStar. Folding, side view mirrors. Bose sound system. 6 disc CD changer. Front and rear side air bags. Stabilitrak. Regular gas! Telescoping steering wheel. Ultrasonic rear parking assist.

Suggested Improvements

Don't remove the compass from the rear view mirror, just because of the Navigation System! Have to pull off the road and turn engine off to use Navigation System! Eliminate sun roofs in snow country. No one uses them. A potential hazard in a rollover!

Excellent Cruiser
By Cadillacboi82

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 2 weeks and Im loving it. I'm 23 years old and had 2 other Cadillacs,a 1993 Eldorado Touring and 1997 Seville STS. I loved both, but not as much as my 2005 DTS. I've had it custom made with power folding mirrors, a power rear sunshade, adaptive cruise control, xenon headlamps with intellibeam, and adaptive remote start. This luxury liner cost me near $72,000, but it was worth every cent. It drives great and filters out the bumps on the New York City streets. It is quiet, roomy, and gives great gas mileage for a V8. I got it in white lightning exterior paint. I'm gonna keep it for a looong time.

Favorite Features

DVD navigation, Bose audio, OnStar, and StabiliTrak.

Suggested Improvements

5 or 6 speed auto and rear wheel drive would be cool.

My DTS
By Enzio Di Lapi

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac and like the past three I totaly love it. I feel very safe in it, its very reliable and extremely comfortable. Most of my driving is done on the interstates not on the French Grand Prix therefore its handling suits just fine. All of my Cadillacs have been trouble free. Just normal maintenance. I highly recomend this vehicle to anyone.

Favorite Features

Powerful engine (300 HP) runs on regular gas, back-up warning system, exellent visability all around. Lots of luxury in the interior.

Suggested Improvements

Little better gas mileage.

DHS vs DTS
By kingtigermp

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I turned in a 2002 DHS for the sportier 2005 DTS. The surprise was that the DHS although having less HP was a quicker car. The torque output of the DTS is much less. I should have bought the DHS again. One of my favorite cars ever. The new A/C in the seats is very cool as is the satellite radio. These are great cars and discounted heavily from sticker price.

Favorite Features

Stlyling, ease of operation of all controls and comfort on long drives. Rock solid dependability. Very good fuel mileage. 26 mpg at 70 mph on the interstates is normal.

Suggested Improvements

more torque and better accelleration.

Typical Big American Car
By JWW

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I rented a Cadillac DeVille for a weekend trip to Montreal from Ottawa. What a horrible riding car. Our 2002 Altima is far more comfortable and way easier/more responsive to drive. This car can't even come close to competing with the quality of high-end autos from Europe (Mercedes-Benz, et al) or Japan (Lexus, et al).

Favorite Features

I did like the heated steering wheel and the fact that all of the seats have independently controlled heat.

Suggested Improvements

the front seats are like sitting on cardboard. The car has dated styling and terrible visability. It drives like a weary walrus, wadles on highways and has gooey-steering

GOOD
By GEORGE

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

THIS IS A QUIET AND COMFORTABLE CAR THE FRONT SEAT COULD USE A BETTER DESIGN WOULD BE BETTER IF THE SEAT BACK WAS FIXED TO THE SEAT...

Favorite Features

IMAGE

Suggested Improvements

BACK UP TV

one heck of a car
By william flexser

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

alot of sports car feel, but in a sedan. on open road or at a complete stop horse and tourque kick right in without hesitation.

Favorite Features

navagation, inferred

Suggested Improvements

none