2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:
I love my car!
By Phillip on 11/01/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2005 DTS in 2008 with only 35000 miles. Certified Used. We love this car, big, comfortable, and good gas mileage for a tank of this size (around 26 on the highway and 19 in the city) DTS has the tighter suspension and is very agile and doesn't feel like my grandmothers "floating" DeVille. Im a tall guy at 6ft1in and it gives me plenty of room while doing the same for the rear seat passengers. Has every option and gadget and I love it. Our next Car will be a DTS!

Worth keeping
By Warner Dauphinee on 02/04/08 10:14 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Cadillac and 2nd DTS. It is the best one yet. All the bugs have been worked out in this model and I am almost afraid to get the new design. I have 46,000 miles on this and it rides like a new one.

My DTS
By Richard Geiger on 02/01/06 11:45 AM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac in a row. I have had others in the past. I am very happy to own and drive this car.

DeVille DTS
By Carleen on 09/07/05 16:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 DeVille for 10 years which was better designed, and more comfortable than my 2005 DeVille. The bucket seats sink in the middle, with hard edges - 21 inches from front to back -- pressure on sciatic nerve in right leg causing numbness! The seat belts cuts across my neck (I'm 5'5")creating an irritating hazard. The seat belts and side air bags are attached to the seats (very poor design). This is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Cadillac needs to rethink this design! I'd never have bought it, if I had tried it first. It was purchased from an out of state dealer by my dealer. Dealers were out of cars, due to employee discount. Salesmen didn't know that DTS stood for "sport performance" car. Great for the under 40 6' tall guy.

Excellent Cruiser
By Cadillacboi82 on 08/20/05 00:08 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 2 weeks and Im loving it. I'm 23 years old and had 2 other Cadillacs,a 1993 Eldorado Touring and 1997 Seville STS. I loved both, but not as much as my 2005 DTS. I've had it custom made with power folding mirrors, a power rear sunshade, adaptive cruise control, xenon headlamps with intellibeam, and adaptive remote start. This luxury liner cost me near $72,000, but it was worth every cent. It drives great and filters out the bumps on the New York City streets. It is quiet, roomy, and gives great gas mileage for a V8. I got it in white lightning exterior paint. I'm gonna keep it for a looong time.

My DTS
By Enzio Di Lapi on 07/10/05 12:02 PM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my fourth Cadillac and like the past three I totaly love it. I feel very safe in it, its very reliable and extremely comfortable. Most of my driving is done on the interstates not on the French Grand Prix therefore its handling suits just fine. All of my Cadillacs have been trouble free. Just normal maintenance. I highly recomend this vehicle to anyone.

DHS vs DTS
By kingtigermp on 05/21/05 11:42 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I turned in a 2002 DHS for the sportier 2005 DTS. The surprise was that the DHS although having less HP was a quicker car. The torque output of the DTS is much less. I should have bought the DHS again. One of my favorite cars ever. The new A/C in the seats is very cool as is the satellite radio. These are great cars and discounted heavily from sticker price.

Typical Big American Car
By JWW on 03/05/05 20:04 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I rented a Cadillac DeVille for a weekend trip to Montreal from Ottawa. What a horrible riding car. Our 2002 Altima is far more comfortable and way easier/more responsive to drive. This car can't even come close to competing with the quality of high-end autos from Europe (Mercedes-Benz, et al) or Japan (Lexus, et al).

GOOD
By GEORGE on 12/22/04 14:42 PM (PST)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

THIS IS A QUIET AND COMFORTABLE CAR THE FRONT SEAT COULD USE A BETTER DESIGN WOULD BE BETTER IF THE SEAT BACK WAS FIXED TO THE SEAT...

one heck of a car
By william flexser on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

alot of sports car feel, but in a sedan. on open road or at a complete stop horse and tourque kick right in without hesitation.