Used 2005 Cadillac DeVille DTS Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific DeVille model:

I love my car!
By Phillip

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Bought our 2005 DTS in 2008 with only 35000 miles. Certified Used. We love this car, big, comfortable, and good gas mileage for a tank of this size (around 26 on the highway and 19 in the city) DTS has the tighter suspension and is very agile and doesn't feel like my grandmothers "floating" DeVille. Im a tall guy at 6ft1in and it gives me plenty of room while doing the same for the rear seat passengers. Has every option and gadget and I love it. Our next Car will be a DTS!

Heated/cooled seats,heated steering wheel, ultra-sonic park assist,Bose Sound System, Rolling Lumbar, Northstar Engine, Power everything,regular gas, OnStar is great! SHES FAST AND BEAUTIFUL!

Could be a little less roomy and comfortable so that on road trips all our friends wouldn't want to cruise along. I do wish they were rear wheel drive. Also wish they had the power sunshades like the DHS!

Worth keeping
By Warner Dauphinee

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my 6th Cadillac and 2nd DTS. It is the best one yet. All the bugs have been worked out in this model and I am almost afraid to get the new design. I have 46,000 miles on this and it rides like a new one.

Heated steering wheel, massaging seats and heated and cooled seats. The paint color is White Lightening and shines day or night.

The Navigation system could be improved upon. No new updated discs available. Tells you to refer to the map when starting and does not say right or left if you are starting at an intersection.

My DTS
By Richard Geiger

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my third Cadillac in a row. I have had others in the past. I am very happy to own and drive this car.

It's comfortable ride

The car emits a signal when a door is left ajar. I would like to have an automatic full closing feature added. BMW has this feature.

DeVille DTS
By Carleen

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I had a 1995 DeVille for 10 years which was better designed, and more comfortable than my 2005 DeVille. The bucket seats sink in the middle, with hard edges - 21 inches from front to back -- pressure on sciatic nerve in right leg causing numbness! The seat belts cuts across my neck (I'm 5'5")creating an irritating hazard. The seat belts and side air bags are attached to the seats (very poor design). This is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. Cadillac needs to rethink this design! I'd never have bought it, if I had tried it first. It was purchased from an out of state dealer by my dealer. Dealers were out of cars, due to employee discount. Salesmen didn't know that DTS stood for "sport performance" car. Great for the under 40 6' tall guy.

Handling, very responsive. OnStar. Folding, side view mirrors. Bose sound system. 6 disc CD changer. Front and rear side air bags. Stabilitrak. Regular gas! Telescoping steering wheel. Ultrasonic rear parking assist.

Don't remove the compass from the rear view mirror, just because of the Navigation System! Have to pull off the road and turn engine off to use Navigation System! Eliminate sun roofs in snow country. No one uses them. A potential hazard in a rollover!

Excellent Cruiser
By Cadillacboi82

2005 Cadillac DeVille Sedan DTS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I've only had this car for 2 weeks and Im loving it. I'm 23 years old and had 2 other Cadillacs,a 1993 Eldorado Touring and 1997 Seville STS. I loved both, but not as much as my 2005 DTS. I've had it custom made with power folding mirrors, a power rear sunshade, adaptive cruise control, xenon headlamps with intellibeam, and adaptive remote start. This luxury liner cost me near $72,000, but it was worth every cent. It drives great and filters out the bumps on the New York City streets. It is quiet, roomy, and gives great gas mileage for a V8. I got it in white lightning exterior paint. I'm gonna keep it for a looong time.

DVD navigation, Bose audio, OnStar, and StabiliTrak.

5 or 6 speed auto and rear wheel drive would be cool.