After a long look, I bought a Caddy
By vj on
2006 Cadillac CTS 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6M)
I looked long and hard for a new ride. We test drove a Toyota Avalon, Infiniti, and Ford 500. I went to this Cadillac because of the exterior styling and a little improvement in fuel economy over my Tahoe Z71. We love the performance; I've also owned a Corvette and the ride and handling of the CTS are comparable and in some respects better given that the Vet blows you away with power. But I always wanted a powerful, comfortable family car that had some style and looks like I found it. The interior is roomy enough for the men in my family, all of them over 6 feet and 200+ lbs. But is quick and agile for me by myself.
Favorite Features
The comfort, handling, styling, color (stealth-gray) more like blue-grey, and improved fuel economy. It turns heads and my twentish daughter even approved and told our other daughter, that "No, Mom did not buy a Grandma car".
Suggested Improvements
It needs a compass in the computer display or in the rearview mirror. No car today should be without a direction finder, especially one that costs between $30,000 and $40,000.