2003 Buick Regal
By 2003libby on
2003 Buick Regal LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
Never was a GM fan but heard others brag about the 3.8 motor so much thought that I would give it a shot. Let just say this car put the nails in the coffin as far as having GM vehicles in my household. Engine stalled out while going down highway @ 75 mph and had to manual steer the vehicle to the shoulder during heavy traffic was a scare to say the least. After some research, apparently it is a common problem with the 3.8 motor!? I don't know how people are okay with a vehicle can just stall out in any giving time and feel safe having their love ones driving it. I was glad it was me driving it when it stalled out and not my pregnant wife. Got it "fixed" and few days later problem reoccurred.
Favorite Features
-When the engine runs good, it gets decent power and fuel economy. (That's only when it runs good) -Transmission shifts smooth. -Leather seats are comfy. -Sound is decent. -Quiet ride (with that being said, you can hear all these cheap plastic trims vibrate and rub against each other)
Suggested Improvements
(crack fingers) Here we go, -Front seat cup holders are junk (common problem) -Trunk button is in the glove box? -Dual climate control doesn't always work (common problem) -Steering wheel control buttons are flicky -Odometer doesn't work (common problem) -Just expect CEL is always going to be on for something. Matter of fact, you are lucky if CEL is the only light that is on. -Overall choice of material is sub-par -And if you didn't read my review, THE ENGINE CAN STALLS OUT IN ANY GIVING MOMENT!!! In sum, if you are poor like me only have $3000 to spend on a car. Go buy yourself a Camry or Accord. Quality is proven through time not advertisement.