2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Lucerne model:
Buick Lucerne rating
By vmcdowell2 on 07/15/07 16:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Very comfortable and quiet ride. Very good gas mileage, 30 to 32 mpg hwy, 24 to 26 mpg city. Good assembly. A minor rattle in the driver's door. Good paint job.

'06 Lucerne
By chas4bass on 07/02/07 13:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Nice vehicle. Looks fantastic - drives OK. Too low for freeway driving. Still feels like your "Grandpa's car"! Sold as extremely quiet but has developed too many rattles for 18 months. Time to sell it.

Loyalty Finally Pays Off
By Nice Ride on 06/30/07 08:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Lucerne is the perfect match of luxury and performance. An extremely quiet, smooth ride that is firm and responsive. Our daily commute includes a mix of interstate and surface street traffic. The Lucerne 3.8 accelerates as quickly as necessary to meet highway speeds, smoothly merge and maintain traffic flow. We live in an area where road construction is a way of life, and the roads change paths more often than the Mississippi River. The Lucerne handles the rough and winding road without a problem. It is responsive, tight and never wanders. The Lucerne is an ideal car for adults who want a refined yet sleek look, and a well appointed luxurious ride.

I love it but
By Ann on 06/22/07 20:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love the car. It is probably the best driving and riding Buick I have had. The only problems are the headliner is sagging in the front and the driver’s side door handle pulled out. Took it back to the dealership and have to bring it back when the part for the door handle comes in and an upholsterer will have to work on the headliner. The car has 6000 miles on it.

Think Twice Before You Buy
By 06lucerne on 06/14/07 07:06 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 2006 Lucerne for almost 10 months and am getting rid of it in the next week. Vibration/shimmy issues that will not stay corrected after at least seven attempts to repair and three sets of tires. Also steering wheel issue that has not been corrected and rotors had to be machined already. At a distance, it is a beautiful car but when yous start looking at the details, they've cut too many corners. Some of the interior materials are of poor quality and some of the design details are downright shoddy. It is not what the Park Avenue was. Make sure you test drive many miles before you buy! If I could do it over, I would have bought a Toyota, Lexus or Acura.

Buick Lucerne CXS is Wonderful
By RDS on 06/12/07 13:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXS 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

I love my CXS. I had initially bought a CXL-V6 for a weekend and was not pleased. Once I drove the CXS, I felt that it was a totally different vehicle. The 18-inch wheels, the stabilitrac suspension and the overall ride are wonderful. On the road it is a dream. I have nicknamed it "The Cruiser" which is what my grandchildren call it when they want to ride in it. It is very comfortable and I feel safe when driving it. We live at a time when the #1 thing which people discuss about a vehicle is the gas mileage. I still feel that the #1 issue should be safety. Overall, I love my CXS. It is a wonderful vehicle which I would highly recommend.

Looks good, but not a Park Avenue
By Ed Sheehy on 06/06/07 18:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car to replace my wife's '99 Park Avenue (the best car that we ever owned). It looks wonderful (red w/ tan leather). The 3.8 is a solid performer. However, there is a fair amount of torque steer on acceleration. Over the highway, it does not seem to have the stability that the Park Avenue had. The biggest issue is the flimsiness of the interior door panels-they creak any time that you pull on them. Also the seat belt guides have become worn where the seat belts have sliced into them. It is hardly noticeable but it should not happen! To make matters worse, the parts needed to correct this are on "nationwide back order". I guess it is more common than the dealer wants to tell me!

Disappointed
By fred on 05/21/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

We have had a lot of problems with our Lucerne. Bad battery after 5 months. Fuel problems that required over two months to fix. Steering problems and lots of rattles. Very poor gas mileage. I would trade back for my 2003 Park Avenue, straight across.

Fine auto
By Don on 05/03/07 12:28 PM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V8 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is a fine auto, crafted with care. More economical to buy than Cadillac but similar quality and features. Six cylinder is plenty of power. It is so quiet it has no wind noise and little road hum. The only car I know that you can carry on a conversation front to back seat at 70 mph. Handles very nicely (except tight parking). Impressive appearance

Not Surprised
By L. Dillon on 04/18/07 09:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Buick Lucerne Sedan CXL V6 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned more Buicks than any other car over the years. I've never shopped brands before, with the exeption of Buick. I was originally shopping for a Lacrosse, but didn't want the bucket seats, so I moved up to Lucerne. Glad I did. I even get compliments, lots of compliments, a first for me. I even impressed my mother-in-law. Classy looking and a sweet ride with a solid body and well appointed. Detroit got it right this time.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.