Used 1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan Consumer Reviews - 8 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan - Consumer Reviews

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan

View reviews for a specific LeSabre model:

Car that wouldn't die!
By Jimuz77

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

Got this car for winter driving for winter of 2010-11 that only lasted me until Feb 2011 but only sold car because no insurance and temporarily losing license! Car heat worked fine until started losing antifreeze due to water pump leak. Drove car on water much of the time during heavy snow and brutal cold and antifreeze mix but other than that car drove good in the hardest of times and saved my life! Strong 3.8 engine like they all were even at a over 20 years old and harsh driving conditions. Gas mileage was about mid 20s which was fair for wear and tear this car had which I bought for $900.

2nd owner
By JOHN

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan Custom 4dr Sedan

I bought this car as a 2nd owner with 92000 miles. I put 25000 miles on it since. I paid 900 $ for it , It coasts very good & good gas mileage, 20 - 22mpg. The 3.8 v- 6 is very strong. The tranny shifts good & I reccomend this car. It's kinda plain looking but with it being paid for it is far better than having car payments. The power of the engine is a key point in the ownership. The 3.8 v- 6 is now in the GM flagship v-g for the last 20 somthing years.

Engine

None

Value of Buick LeSabre
By S P J

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

This Buick LeSabre has been well cared for with regular service, new struts, lots of very clean trunk space. There are no tears or scratches to the clean well kept interior. A new radio was installed last year with a CD player, multiple AM/FM bands and stereo speakers - front and back.

Seat Adjustment, tilt wheel steering, electric door locks and window adjustments, vast trunk area.

Needs detailing.

That car that wont die
By Jedirye

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with 172,000 miles for only $950. Aside from peeling pant, bad radio, old AC charge and a few interior defects from a smoker being previous owner, the engine and transmission has been the one of the best I have driven. I am at 182,000 miles now. When my dad and I looked at it and tested the oil and transmission fluids, it was almost like new. And this "granny mobile" with the 3.8 v6 will haul the mail! I have driven other 3.8s an a 4.2v8 and only the Caddy with the V8 will beat this car off the line. I suspect this car will go (with a few repairs and refurbs of detail work) until I literally drive it into something.

The GM engine and transmission system.

Stiffer suspension, alloy wheels, better paint, better air and exhaust lines, new radio (done already installation was fairly easy)

King of the road
By Macavele

1991 Buick LeSabre Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan

Hands down, the best car I have ever
driven on the open road. The handling
of the car is great, so it looks like
my dads car....who cares. I drive 100
miles round trip to work every day and
it is with grace!

The handling on the road

needed upgrade of interior.....which buick has completed in the newer models