Used 2011 BMW X3 xDrive35i SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific X3 model:

I like it but...
By antfern

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

2011 X3 35I is my first BMW, I am a Honda Accord 3.0 6 cylinder regular. X3 is a beautiful, fun to drive small SUV. Its quick at high speed. It has roomy interior, front and rear. Good sound system as well as the blue tooth phone interface. This vehicle is really for luxury and not an economical alternative.

Impressive appearance

Wheel alignment is constantly out. Hesitation on initial acceleration. Need comfortable front seats Total value

Best SUV in the Market.
By mike0205

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I have owned this car for 11 months and put on 14200 miles on it. I have driven all four seasons now and can say that this is the best SUV I have driven. Performance is Awesome. I would say that BMW has built this like a mirror of your mood. If you slam on the gas it is the fastest with accurate handling control with (17mpg). My friends say that they could see a big difference in my driving style. If you drive it slow you get the best possible mileage (31 mpg). I drove 270 miles non stop and I looked fresh as I started to drive. Get the Premium Audio and it is one of the best&Every Penny is worth it. If you get this car from a reputed dealer it will not disappoint you.

Sport Mode acceleration (0-60 in 5.2 sec and 30 -70 in just 3 sec), and Decent Mileage (16-19 in city and 27-31 in highway depends on your driving habits). Premium Audio and 5.1 Dolby Digital/ DTS DVD Like the two time effort to open door and two time to switch off the ignition which is absolute safety to ensure that the vehicle is secure. If you leave any door open, the car won't move which is nice.

Navigation - Is very behind and need to spend $150 every three to six months to get updated. Tailgate closing by remote is not an option in US but it is standard in Europe. Price is the other factor I would suggest an improvement.

I got a lemon.
By juniorlla

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I bought a brand new 2011 BMW X3 XDrive 35i from Autorgemana in Medellin, Colombia and I got a lemon. 1) The sunroof didnít work. It took 6 months to replace everything and still makes a clunking noise when it opens. 2) when you step on the brakes the car shakes. It was at the dealer 3 times and they couldnít give us a correct solution. They replaced all 4 disc brakes, pads and sensors. 3) The headlights fog up inside even if it doesnít rain. They havenít been able to figure out why this happens so they said it is normal and a year later still happens. 4) The steering system was broken. It went to the shop 3 times and it took 8 months to replace it. As i write this, my car is 14 months old, it has 14.800 kms and it is in the shop for the twelfth time. I named it St. Joseph because it goes from the shop to the house and the house to the shop.

I like it, but...
By lwprescott

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

I am in month 10 and while I love the incomparable BMW handling, every time I drive it I am frustrated by the unnecessarily complicated shifter and the door locking system. I would not buy this car again if it had the same awkward shifter or if the door locking could not be reprogrammed. I am constantly pulling on locked door handles, but have been told by my dealer that this cannot be changed for safety reasons. Funny that Lexus does not have that concern. I also don't like the navigation display. Not enough street names are clearly identified and the background colors make it hard to read. By comparison, my wife's Lexus SUV has a dazzlingly clear and complete navigation screen.

Great handling; surprisingly good gas mileage from the twin-turbo engine (around 20 mpg in town and close to 30 on the road); the panorama view on the nav screen is really cool, although street name identification is insufficient and the other nav screens are hard to read.

Accelerator is too touchy on startup; get rid of that stupid shifting setup; get a nav system that is as good as Lexus's; allowing all doors to open when driver door is opened; and don't wait a year to provide a trailer hitch for an SUV!

Very Nice
By jrr25

2011 BMW X3 SUV xDrive35i 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 8A)

One thing I can say is that the X3 drives like a sports car. Handling is exceptional as is its acceleration. The turbo engine and 8-speed transmission are a great marriage. Its power deliver seems limitless. Yet, the the ride is smooth and composed. It can be very relaxing when you want it to be and a canyon carver when your in the mood. I really this like this little SUV a lot - mainly because it doesn't feel like one, if you know what I mean. The navigation screen is a wide screen set up allowing for maps to be displayed beside radio stations/songs/artwork if you like it that way. The standard stereo system sound very good as well. So far, seven months and no problems.

Simple looking interior. Memory buttons do everything memorizing radio stations, to calling home or to going home with navigation. Voice activating features work well. Navigation is also displayed on the instrument panel as well as the navigation screen itself. iPod integration allows you the scroll through songs on a play list right from the instrument panel screen while the navigation screen does its function - well thought out.

Allow for a setting to unlock doors upon placing the vehicle in park rather than using the central locking button. Also, how do you put the car in neutral if the battery dies since the transmissions settings are all push button, i.e. electronic?