Used 2009 BMW 7 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 BMW 7 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:

BMW builds another fantastic 7 Series!
By Tcjenn

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I have owned four BMW 7 series. 1991, 95, 2006' and 2009. This newest one, 2009 750Li is a fantastic automobile. The upgrade in power from a normally aspirated 360 hp v8 to the new twin turbo charged v8 is great. I can really feel the difference. I like the heads up display. I like all of the new features like the lane departure warning, the blind spot avoidance, the lane change vibration steering wheel , the continued excellent leather used, the continued excellent standard of the industry BMW seats.

The engine with its twin turbochargers is probably my favorite new feature on my car. It runs so smooth and quiet, I love it! When I need to have power, it is always ready to deliver.

The only nit pick I have is the throttle pedal is quite touchy. If I push on it too softly, nothing happens. When I push on it too hard, the car accelerates very quickly with lurching. The proper throttle technique is acquired after a long learning curve.

European Delivery
By HappyBeemerHeads

2009 BMW 7 Series 750i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

Took European Delivery in August for four weeks. Fantastic car on the autobahns of Central Europe. When we had a chance, it cruised effortlessly at 120 mph, and felt fine when we found a section of road where 140 was safe. Unfortunately, never got a chance to get to the limiter. Only knock is that it was too big to park in much of Europe. Back home, it is smooth as silk, and worth every outrageous penny.

Limitless torque. I-drive/navigation (how's that for a turn-around?). Variable throttle/suspension setting system to provide easy choice between fun and slightly better mileage modes.

For the money, the stereo could be better.

Interior Design Needs Major Improvement
By bmwenthusiast

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I've leased a 7 series for over the past 12 years. Ranging from the '03 to '07, to now '09 model. The drive is excellent as it always has been throughout the years. It is fast, comfortable, sleek and a pleasure to drive. However, the interior design has been a huge disappointment. The little space that was already in the earlier 7's is gone. The only item you can place at the dash now is a pen let alone the only place my phone can sit is the cup holder. For a business man, this inconvenience makes day-to-day travel to meetings a hassle. So much to the effect where I have even considered that when my lease ends switching to another make who has planned the interior with more practicality.

Excellent improvement on the navigation and overall software changes in the system.

As mentioned earlier, interior design completely lacks any sense of practicality.

"Without a doubt the best car yet"
By BROGERS

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I recently purchased my second 750Li after owning a BMW '07 Li. My first ride was unbelievable. Fast, comfortable, easy to handle, idrive more friendly, head up option and nav system 100% better, so quiet you have to check the tach to know it running, and 0-60 time is really true. This beast is a sports car feel in a limo body. Nothing compares with it. Mercedes can't hold a candle to the 750Li. I've owned both.

Handling and idrive with so much speed and comfort.

Standard seat massage for the passenger side. That's my wife speaking.

09 750LI not a dependable car
By Bimmerman

2009 BMW 7 Series 750Li 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl Turbo 6A)

I purchased a brand new 09 750LI with all the possible options about three weeks ago. Since then I've been visiting the dealership twice a week. First after a day I had a leaking power steering hose. Then the hood hinge got loose and my hood in one corner was sticking up by about an inch then some air vent pipe got loose and was rattling like a broken muffler now the biggest problem that just came up after about 1500 miles is the TRANSMISSION!!! I have a loud transmission sound like you have in a 10 year old Dodge minivan with 100k miles on it. This is my 4th BMW and its the only one with those type of problems. My advice is Watch OUT!!!

Transmission problems need to be improved. Plus looks like there was no extensive testing done on the car.