2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 7 Series model:
Tough Love
By rmarvjr on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have owned BMW's, Audi's and Mercedes so when I picked up my new 740il I was excited. Two weeks later, I returned it to the dealer to find out they did not install the "black box" for the phone. While a little slow off the line, it cruises extremely well. The cornering ability was supposed to be legendary.After three complaints and shop visits, my front tires were worn and the front end was noisy. It turns out the dealer had left the shipping spacers in the front and rear suspension. Mind you, it took three visits and 14,000 miles to correct this. Not a good track record for a premier automobile.

BMW 740i -- Sports Package
By Cutterguy on 04/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is truly the ultimate driving machine. It's a full size sedan that handles like sports car. It sure footness and accerlation not only makes it safe but fun to drive. THis is one car I always look forward to driving.

740i-sport package
By MR 740i on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

wow!!this car has so far been a pleasure to own and drive.by far the most ultimate bmw in recent years.had a chance to buy a 2002 745i but instead chose 2001 7401.just as fun to drive as a 2002 745i but much better looking than the 745i.have received compliments many times by total strangers.great car period.

The best 7 yet..
By yarom on 02/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

Significant improvements over pre-99 models make the 2001 is the best 7 series period (2002 and on are ugly junk). Besides being the ultimate luxury and performance sedan, this car is a joy to drive and own. It's as agile as most mid-size cars with absolutely unlimited power reserves . All the possible options are included, and the engine feel significantly torquier than 1998 models. The 18" wheels are great looking and stick the car to the pavement like glue.

Good Car But!
By Don't Get the Tan on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

As with most BMWs the horror of the onwership is dealing with the Dealer's Service Department. This time my experiences have been no different. While I love the ride and fun of the car, things just don't work. In 20,000 miles I have replaced the Dash Pixels and Sunroof liner. Trim on the door sill and rear passanger door and left front kidney trim fell off.

17000 miles in 6 months
By Ralph in TN on 01/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

The car has been a great road car. It is comfortable, easy to drive, reliable, and has more than enough power to handle any highway. The reliability and BMW assistance are noteworthy. I ran into a large pothole and despite major damage to a wheel, the car (using run flat tires) got all passengers back home (about 10 miles) safely so a tow truck could come and install the spare. The BMW dealer in Ft. Lauderdale got the car up and running like new again.

Great Car
By Soupy on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car has no faults. It is the best BMW I have owned.

My partner
By p78 on 09/04/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740iL 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I have driven this car for 18 months. I used to fly to florida, now i drive from NC. It is the definetly a driving machine. Elegant yet ready to rumble. I don't know if many have noticed the 2001 has an artificialy limited top end of 155. It is a special version of the last of its model. I'm also dissapointed over the looks of the new 745. I always loved the 740.

Fantastic Sport model
By bruco on 08/24/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This car is amazing. It feels wonderful as you drive straight or on curving highways. Just back from a road trip and am extremely pleased. I had a '92 735i, that I thought was great but THIS car is SO much better in every category except mpg. I do plan to have several Dinan products put on the car to even further enhance the incredible performance.

740i sport
By Jeffs740is on 07/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 BMW 7 Series Sedan 740i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best and most enjoyable car I have ever owned. And my previous car was a 99 540 so it has some good competition. The car handles like a car half its size, accelerates like a Mustang GT and is as comfortable as Lincoln.