2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
awesome
By molrat on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

i think you should all buy it it is the nicest car ever

Still...the Ultimate Driving Machine
By roant71 on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Hard to explain..but the best handling in a car that you will ever find.

LOVE MY BMW 2004
By ARMY GUY on 12/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Everything I want in a car and more!

Just got 2004 525i
By Mikehell on 11/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Just got a 2004 525i automatic with cold weather package, xenon lights (which are way nice!), leather and premium package...very nice car!! I had been researching extensively new BMW's, Mercedes, and the like for the last 5 months. BMW is a very solid car. You feel very much in control. Even though I have only had it a week, it so far has proven excellent to my high standards (I plan on updating this entry in 6-8 months to see if all is still well). I was also torn between the 530 and 525, there really is not much difference in the engine perfomance considering an extra $5,000 for 39 more horsepower.

Laurie's New Car
By UTRXMR on 11/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

My wife totalled my SLK. We needed a four-seater this time around. We chose the 2004 525 over a 2003 530 and a 2004 E-320. My ex-wife had totalled two E-320's in the last few years, so we decided a change was necessary!! I had read the car magazines about the 5-series,and was concerned about its styling and controller controversies. But, we loved the styling. The BMW looks great in black. The electronics are challenging but interesting. I wish it had more power, but the cost of the engine upgrade wasn't worth the extra money.

bmw
By Pat Malvaso on 11/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

at 3000 miles vehicle computer chip for controlling the speed/transmission shifting failed and needed replacing the cup holders are in a terrible location, difficult to use and cheesey

the greatest car ever made by man
By bmwfan21 on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

this is simply the greatest car ever made by man. everything you could possibly need is in this car. It is stylish, luxurious, and sporty. it is a luxury sedan handling like a sport sedan. Lots of wood trim in this car. the iDrive system is awesome. If you don't already have one, buy one today.

New 525i is Sweet
By Woody the Terp on 10/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The new 5 series is a completely different car in all aspects -- comfort, handling, sophistication, and luxury. I opted for the 6-speed manual just for the fun of it, and with the smaller 6 cylinder engine, I thought it would be a help. I test drove the automatic, though, and that would have been fine. For about 4 grand more, you can get the 530i. The extra horsepower [225 I believe]makes a huge difference in acceleration from 40mph - other than that, I felt the 525i's power was more than adequate.

2004 BMW 525i
By lulu on 10/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

Tight steering and rapid acceleration surprising for a 2.5L engine. I-drive is complicated and requires studying the owner's manual extensively. After owning for over 2 weeks I still haven't quite gotten a handle on the I-Drive. Would like to have the navigation sytem but it is not available until March 2004 production. Don't exactly know if it will be possible to install after the fact.

The Greatest 5 Series
By BMW Lover on 10/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 6M)

The newest 5 Series is the best ever the ride, quietness and new features such as hud Diplay.