2003 BMW 5 Series Consumer Reviews 6

2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Very Happy 525iT owner
By WDD on 10/19/06 14:17 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sport Wagon (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Bought it certified preowned and love it. For an avg family it's a great car and very fun to drive. I have a 91 240SX that I'm having a problem giving up, but this is just as fun to drive and much more comfortable. I've been getting 26 to 29 mpg and the interior is comfortable and relaxing on the hwy. Overall I love it. I got the newest GPS disks and it made the GPS much more usable. The original 2001 disks were very weak in rural areas. I've owned it for 4 months now and am very happy with the decision.

My BMW journey started in 1980
By Bill in Nashville on 09/30/06 22:36 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

at the age of 17. The father of a close friend of mine purchased a 1980 528i and was kind enough to on occasion let me drive it. The experiences driving that car ignited a passion for German automobiles that I have today some 26 years later. For various reasons though I have never owned a BMW... until last week. Test driving the 525i last week was like traveling back in time. From the distinct engine sound and scent of BMW leather to the almost identical cockpit like instruments I was hooked all over again... this time, though, a picture on the fridge wouldn't do. BMW engineers developed decades ago a sensory attacking machine that words cannot describe - one must drive it to understand it.

Buy one if you can...
By ERA on 09/07/06 20:12 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Well-rounded car is an understatement. Great torque & power, smooth inline 6, best exterior design BMW ever made, handles really well for a large car. Only regret is not buying a new one because I know I would have babied the car a lot better.

Great family car
By Andreas on 08/28/06 12:09 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The 530 has great cabin space and lots of rear seat room for the rest of the family. It also has great deep trunk space for the stroller. Although other makes have large cu. ft. trunk space, they are not very deep making it difficult to load stuff in the trunk without smashing the stroller. It is a great car with superb handling and comfort. It does not have the same acceleration as some of the other cars, but it offers excellent high speed kick-down and overtaking capabilities... especially with the steptronic.

My big, beautiful beast
By Greg J on 06/20/06 09:06 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought the 2003 540i with the 6-speed manual transmission, which automatically gets you the sport package; and, for 2003 models only (in the US), also gets you the M-sport package, which includes front and rear fascia, 18" M-parallel rims with staggered tire sizes, along with a host of ///M badged goodies, such as shift knob, steering wheel, doorsills, etc. This is the closest thing you can get to an M5, and is in fact more rare; less than 1000 6-speed 540s were imported in 2003. My car is black on black and is absolutely beautiful. It has a lot of "presence" and gets a lot of thumbs up! Fast, comfortable, but "mature"...no boy-racer junk. Hope to keep it forever.

NICE RIDE
By pongo2972 on 06/07/06 19:46 PM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

My 2003 530i is the best car I've ever owned. It's fast, tight, shifts perfectly, and rides like a dream. Not only that, but when you get out of the car and look at it, you're glad you bought it. Also, just in case you didn't know, Consumer Reports rated this vehicle higher than any other car they had ever rated, ever!!!

Best combination of Luxury/Sport
By scbsee88 on 03/21/06 13:00 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

From the solid doors, plush leather and the Automatic Climate controls, the BMW takes car engineering to the next level. If you haven't driven a 5-series, I suggest you do and then you'll realize why all of the BMW cliches are right-on: Ultimate Driving Machine..."feel one with the road"..., etc. Don't believe the conventional wisdom that Lexus is more luxurious and BMW is more of a driver's car. My 530ia has got enough bells and whistles (sunroof, power seats, Automatic climate controls, stereo) to keep me more than satisfied. As a telecommuter, I have to come up with excuses to drive it out of my garage. Do yourself a favor and get yourself a 2003 while they come back from leases!

Buy Smart , Buy CPO
By Neil Barker on 02/23/06 16:48 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

I bought a 2003 540 Sport/Automatic from the BMW CPO program. No regrets so far, car has functioned flawlessly. The 540 is manufactured in BMW's premium factory, hence high quality. This car handles like a sports car, fits 5 people fairly well...though I only allow 4 max due to the factory lowered suspension. The Automatic is a dream to drive,its like a personal business jet for the road. The E39 has classic looks, its a good investment, it will look good years from now. New 5 Series ? Horrible!! I could design a better car. Chris Bangle, the new designer for BMW, has done me a favor.He saved me $30000. I bought a clean used CPO BMW. Thanks Mr. Bangle. Get one while you can.

An awesome car.
By fuzeboxny on 12/31/05 16:37 PM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have loved driving this car since May of 03. The feel of the BMW on the road is unmatched in this class. I'm sadly turning this baby in, but, for a new '06 530xi.

Fabulous Car
By smeagol on 11/30/05 01:19 AM (PST)

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I always wanted to own one of these babies even after having a Mercedes E320. A ride in a 2004 X5 got me really thinking about it, so when I needed to give my college age daughter a car, I gave her my 4 year old Acura and picked up a used 525i with 16k. What a fabulous purchase. Without a doubt, the most civil road hugging vehicle I have ever owned and tastefully, impeccably appointed inside to boot. And NO iDrive!!!