2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 5

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

530i Sedan (3.0L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
exceeds my expectation
By lovemybm on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Got my 530i with M Executive Package (premium package + sports package + M trimming, ie, loaded)for a year end dirt cheap price. This car exceeds everything I expected from even the high standard of BMW. It accelerates with such sweet smoothness, handles with such precision and the interior has just the right European and sporty taste. . Also did a very long test drive on the 2004 530i. If you are a real bimmer lover, go out there and grab your 2003 model before they're all gone.

MY BMW
By rafael bacares on 10/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

It is a fantastic car to drive.

Best Car I Ever Owned
By Alan10899 on 10/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Not the fastest, or the best handling, but the total package is perfect.

530i
By guy colvin on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car I have owned. 3.0 liter engine has reasonable power for the money but the 4.0 would be better. 5-speed manual trany is fun to drive but not always as smooth as I would like (could be my fault to). Have 7K miles on it and have had no warranty or other issues.

Love it!!!!
By sean neill on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Best car i ever ownd.... but i am going to trade it in for the new one

The old 5 will remain on top
By rmarsh96 on 09/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

However, Like the commercials say, I do find excuses to drive. I would buy this car again. Unfortunately there are a few negatives. The cup holders are small and awkwardly placed. When using them it is almost impossible to access the climate control system. I did not purchase the navigation system because I didn't want to give up the on board CD player. My 530 is a manual shift and came with the sport package. I find the gear ratio rather difficult to handle in stop and go traffic. The car wants to get up and run. BMW has engineered a marvelous automobile that will continue to be a pleasure to drive for many years to come.

Former M3 Driver
By A pleasure to drive on 09/16/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

As a former M3 owner, I was concerned about this cars performance. Not anymore. Equipped with the sport package and 5 speed Steptronic transmission, understanding that this car is not a hot rod, acceleration is excellent, while handling is formidable. Fuel consumption overall has been 21.1 mpg according to to vehicles computer. This car provides for me what is necessary to be considered a true sport sedan.

Excellent Car
By Berna on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is superb. Is so much fun to drive that I actually enjoyed driving every day. The handling, the power the leather seats are incredable. Very reliable and with the premium and sport package you can't go wrong. Since BMW is changing the model I suggest you hurry up to the dealer because they are making deals and the new ones are more expensive.

Mike's BMW 530i
By Sticklmj on 09/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Transmission is best feature that provides smooth shifting matched to a capable engine. Steering, handling and suspension are excellent. The ride is ultra-smooth without sacrificing handling and performance. Climate and CD/radio controls are not driver friendly. Rear seat leg room is tight. Trunk is tight. Conti tires handled well, however they started making a "whining" noise after only 15,000 miles. Love the intense windshield washer fluid and the automatic wipers.

Best of all - BMW
By BayAreaBimmerFan on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Purchased 530i with Primium and sports packages about two weeks ago. It is absolutely the best car that I have ever driven, the performance, the handling, the road manner, the design, .... I have also test-driven 525i w/o the sports package before deciding to go with the 530i. 525 is an equally nice car but I felt it switched gears often and it made the riding less smooth. Besides, I got the car with very very good price.