2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 5 Series model:
Wow, what a car!
By Styve on 09/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 540i 4dr Sedan (4.4L 8cyl 5A)

This is the best car that I have ever driven (and I have driven a lot). Fast, great handling, looks great, and room for the family. What more could one want?

Jim's 530i
By JamesHBaker on 09/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

The car is great fun to drive! I have driven more miles since I have had my 530i than I normally do. I must say that I have enjoyed every minute. If you buy a BMW, and have the time, I suggest that you take delivery at the BMW Performance Center in SC. I think it was one of the best days of my life.

Impeccable German engineering
By bimmerphile on 09/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have had my 530i/5-sp with PP/Xenon/fold-down seat for 18 months, and it has been a real blast. Contrary to what other reviewers might have suggested, the standard non-sports suspension on these cars are extremely capable, and does ride on rails on experienced hands. The clutch is a piece of car(again, for those who are trained). The engine pitch is so sweet and smooth that you can upshift and rev- match telepathically. Heel-to-toe can be a bit difficult, unless the brake is almost fully depressed. In addition, the non-sports car is so QUIET that I can hear the fast breathing of the passengers! :-)

BMW 530i
By Anshuman on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

Overall, very impressive. It's quite a joy to ride, with incredible handling. Enjoy! Anshu

New 525i
By gms on 09/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

This is my first Bimmer and I am quickly finding out way consumer report has rated this vechile the best value in its price range. This machine is responsive and quick! The automatic steptronic transmission is probally by far the best way to feel the solid platform. Besides, the transmission makes this car extremely fun to drive. If I had any complaints, it would be that I expected more comfort when snuggled in the bucket seat. In this department the Volvo S80 has the Bimmer beat (we also own a 2001 S80.) Other than that, if you are looking for fantistic machine that is blast to drive, go for any model in the 5 series line up.

BMW 5 series
By Dirtbag on 08/28/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Fun to drive, sporty, yet smooth ride. Plenty of power for most situations. Interior design functionality lacking - i.e. flimsy pop-out drink holders obscure heat/air controls, poor location for phone unless you buy the outrageous built-in phone. Optional design features, such as fold-down rear seats improve functionality.

wow!
By edandruth on 08/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

this is not a car.....its an automobile! It handles unbelievably smooth, very comfortable and excellerates effortlessly. This is truly the finest machine I have ever driven. Unfortunately, I bought it for my wife who only allows me to drive it on weekends!

Awful Experience!!!
By JakesShop on 08/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have a 2002 530i - sport-premium package. The first 4,000 miles were like a dream ... incredible. Then began the vibration, and the "shimmie"ing of the steering wheel. The dealership tells me that is normal for a sports-premium 530i. I can't beieve it. This car shakes! You can feel the vibration in your pant legs ... even on the smoothest roads. I have loved BMWs for a long time. This one, my very first, has been such an awful experience, I can barely look at BMWs anymore!!! Hate is a strong word. It's the only one that fits my experience to this point. BMW - if you rad this please help!!!

This car is a Gas !
By stars59 on 08/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 530i 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car is a Gas! It handles on all types of roads with the very best. The build quality is excellent, the sport suspension leaves very little to be desired.This automobile daily gives miles of smiles.

Little things mean a lot
By Robert Schaich on 08/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 BMW 5 Series Sedan 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Cup holders suck, the germans must not drink coffee or cokes.