2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews 2

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

335xi Coupe (3.0L 6-cyl. Twin-turbo AWD 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Great car, but less sporting than E46
By kbeers40 on 01/03/08 06:45 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Coming to the 335xi coupe from a '00 328Ci, the 335xi is a more grown-up and far more powerful car. The engine lives up to its reputation and then some. Amazing low end torque - really does feel like a V8. This makes the 335xi a very different animal from the traditional BMW inline-6 car, and while quicker, it feels somewhat less sporting. With the old inline-6s (and presumably the new 328) you really had to spool up the engine. Now, you don't have to push it and if you do you're soon over the speed limit. Great fit and finish. The xi drive is fantastic in poor conditions, although the xi suspension is softer than in my old E46 (more body roll). All-in-all, very happy with it.

Excellent Handling + great-looking car
By riskand on 11/05/07 09:37 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Just bought the 335xi coupe which the dealer just brought in (a day before) for test-drive purposes, this all-wheel-drive series just came out in October. My car is fully equipped with sport, premium, and cold weather package as well as the navigation. The color is space gray. The total cost is around $55000. I've only driven it for a week now, the handling is superb. I drove it through the rain on Saturday (Noel in the northeast), when making turns on slippery road, you can feel the car is sticking to the road. The xenon headlights are really great. I haven't driven it on highways since it's still under 1000 miles.

The Perfect Car ??
By Jim on 10/31/07 11:10 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I recently traded in my '03 M3 coupe for the 2008 335xi coupe and I have no regrets. From my perspective the 335 does everything well and is a pleasure to drive. It has driving dynamics close to a M3 but with a more refined ride. Combine this with the all-season capability of BMW's x-drive and you have a sport coupe that just may be the perfect car in this segment. The bottom line: if you want a race car buy one. The new M3, a Corvette or a Porsche will do the job. If on the other hand you want a grown-up sports coupe that has room for four, can carry luggage and golf clubs, test drive the 335xi coupe. You wont be disappointed!