Used 2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Too fast for commuting
By flix

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car but so powerful you have to be light on the gas in DC rush hour traffic. Make sure to get the leather interior, premium package for max comfort.

Favorite Features

Power, power seatbelts, smart windshield wipers, interior, exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

Fuel economy - did the EPA measure it downwind in a hurricane?

Reviews don't give it justice
By Wvortices

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been reading reviews and have been driving BMWs for years now but despite how good everyone said this car would be it doesn't sink in until you pull it off the lot. I traded in an E46 M3 so there was a lot this car had to live up to. I couldn't believe that this car feels just as fast as my old M3 but is much easier to drive. The feel of the car is just as good but it handles the rough stuff way better. I need to mention something that has been a sore point for many reviewers but if you are at all computer literate, the iDrive will be a MUST have. There will be a learning curve but the technology integration is way better than many reviewers give it credit for.

Favorite Features

Performance, handling, comfort, interior design, iDrive, and of course the LOOKS

Suggested Improvements

I wish that someone would make a M+S tire that fits this car. You get either a summer tire or a winter tire, but then again BMW is big on attention to tires and if you drive in conditions below 45 F, you should use a snow tire. Its just a pain to change out and are not cheap.

Fantastic car!
By jd_guy

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

New BMW owner, previously owned Japanese models (Acura, Toyota, Mazda). Very pleased, wonderful car to drive. Scary fast, with great pick up in any gear. The finish and technology are exceptional. I'm very pleased with the choice. Test drove Infiniti G37, but didn't make it out of the BMW dealer after test driving the 335xi (got it on the spot). Didn't go for the nav, bought a Garmin nuvi (noticed BMW also sells Garmins with the BMW branding).

Favorite Features

The engine - oh my is it fast! x-drive just sticks to the road, bad weather is not concerning at all (no snow driving yet though). iPod integration, the robot arm that hands you your seatbelt, the on board monitoring and built-in assist service, the sport seats, just about everything.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is probably as good as you could expect, but not great (around 18-19 in town). Power outlets could be better placed. RF tires a bit harsh riding.

First BMW
By John

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Living in the Ohio Snow Belt I wanted Xi system. I went with the 335 Xi, 6 speed and truly love all the performance and handling. I ordered extra wheels for snow tires, Continentals, which have been great. Ive found the winter capability to be nothing short of fantastic. Im anxious to put the OEM tires back on once the winter is over. Build quality, material quality is far above any other vehicle I have owned. On trips I've gotten 26+MPG at 70 MPH.

Favorite Features

Automatic wipers.

Great Car On Poor Tires!
By Jim

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a follow-up review to one I submitted recently on my 2008 335 xi coupe in which I gave it high marks. If you are considering this car be advised that you can only get RFTs (run flat tires). In addition the 18 five spoke wheels only come with summer performance RFTs. Note: there isnt an all-season RFT available for the 18 wheel. If you are not familiar with RFTs be prepared for the following. RFTs give a much harder ride, cost about twice as much as conventional tires and may not be able to be fixed if you have a flat. The result of that will be a replacement tire costing $300 $350! I replaced the original RFTs on my 335xi Coupe with conventional high perf

Favorite Features

The ride & handling. The rock solid feel of the car.

Suggested Improvements

The driver's cup holder is poorly placed and of course the run flat tires are a negative.