Used 2008 BMW 3 Series Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Bmw 3-series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:

Most Helpful|
Would have been great, but...
By ChiefBigTalker

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is nearly a great car. Fast. Handles well. Looks great. Sounds great. The retracting top is a thing of beauty. But it isn't as reliable as my old Alfa Romeo. Run flat tires are fragile; I've had to replace four of them in two years. I can deal with the somewhat harsh ride, but the huge expense and inconvenience has taught me never to buy another car with run flats. The fuel injection system broke down, taking the car out of commission for several days. Seats rattle. The cable connecting the ipod to the sound system is poor, and despite replacement still cuts out a channel from time to time. iDrive isn't that bad; lose the run flats, make it reliable, and it would be great.

Favorite Features

The folding top. The engine. The rain-sensing wipers.

Suggested Improvements

Lose the run flats. Pay attention to build quality.

Mr. Nasty rules the road
By Lditty

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

First bimmer but hooked for life. This is the most amazing car I have ever owned(Honda, Nissan, Ford, MB, Porsche Mitsu, Hyundai,& Jeep). Got it with sports pkg, heated seats, navigation is a must but a little difficult at first.

Favorite Features

The way the car feels.The roar of the engine and hum of the exhaust. My wife and I get so much attention.

Suggested Improvements

The iDrive needs to be easier to use, could always improve fuel but really not that bad.

First BMW
By John

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Living in the Ohio Snow Belt I wanted Xi system. I went with the 335 Xi, 6 speed and truly love all the performance and handling. I ordered extra wheels for snow tires, Continentals, which have been great. Iíve found the winter capability to be nothing short of fantastic. Iím anxious to put the OEM tires back on once the winter is over. Build quality, material quality is far above any other vehicle I have owned. On trips I've gotten 26+MPG at 70 MPH.

Favorite Features

Automatic wipers.

After 3 years of ownership
By AD from LA

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this car in early 2008 and still look back every time I walk away from it. I have a white 328 coupe optioned with auto transmission, sports package, and ipod connections so it's pretty bare bones. Over the years I've received numerous comments and I think the design is classic BMW. I didn't test drive other competing cars and after renting the Benz, Lexus, and Infiniti I don't regret the purchase at all. The overall interior build quality, telepathic steering, excellent handling, and covered warranty/maintenance make this an excellent purchase. After almost three years, I've made a few visits to the dealer to fix interior trims (all covered by warranty), nothing mechanical.

Favorite Features

Ipod, timeless exterior design, sports package rims, thick steering wheel, gray poplar wood interim trim, roomy back seat, rear folding backseat, maintenance/warranty for 4 yrs/50k miles, excellent interior build quality, dual climate control system

Suggested Improvements

Make power seats and leather seating surfaces standard, get rid of the RFT tires in favor regular that would make the ride less harsh

Complete Luxury
By HT

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is my 4th BMW. Too bad my other 3 were all M series so that is all I have to compare this car to. However, the performance of this car is pretty amazing despite the fact that the steering is not tight enough for me. None the less, the luxury of this car is unmatched by anything I have ever driven.

Favorite Features

The beautiful red leather seats. iDrive is much easier than people think. The concierge is a great feature. Bluetooth.

Suggested Improvements

Put the window controls in the center console like in the M series. Update the graphics in iDrive to be a bit more modern. The tiptronic paddles are cheap.