2008 BMW 3 Series - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
335xi... the ride has greatly improved
By RFL on 12/11/07 14:55 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

With all of the horror stories regarding the ride on run-flat tires, BMW's finally done something about it. The suspension on the new 2008 335xi is light-years better than previous xis with RFTs. You must specify that the car be equipped with the Continental Conti Pro Contact tires NOT Bridgestones. This is my third xi, the second with RFTs and I am amazed at the difference. The power is amazing, the handling, of course is traditional BMW... stiff and responsive. This car is almost worth the price!

Worth the cost if you can afford it
By kschoenrock on 12/08/07 18:50 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is one great car. I had owned a 2006 CTS and test drove the new CTS, a G35x an A4 and the entry level Lexus. Here's the thing: you need to know what you really want. If you really want the driving experience, you have to get the 335 if you can afford it. I was skeptical, but the reviews really are right, there's no comparison. Other cars (CTS) are bigger, others are maybe better value propositions (G35x), but none match the driving experience. I had high hopes for the G35x since its close on paper, but its much less civilized in real life and I feel still a ways behind. BMW downsides are price and the back seat is bit tight, but I have two kids in car seats and it works ok.

Best Decision Ever
By Chicagodriver on 12/05/07 16:19 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I was looking at BMW xis vs the Infiniti AWDs and for the price the Infiniti packages seem like a better deal but overall, long term quality is not there. I spent the extra money and went with BMW. I traded a 300ci in for the 335xi. What an amazing car. I miss the sleekness of a coupe but this car is a rocket compared to the old 330ci. We had our first big snow fall and the car drove like a dream. I was really pushing it to see when it would slip or the rear would get loose and it was tight. This is a great car for someone who loves speed, excellent quality but lives in the midwest. It is worth every penny.

328i Wagon
By ks on 12/03/07 11:36 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328i 4dr Wagon (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

Zippy 6-speed wagon in a color to match...Montego blue. Handles well and grips the road. Run-flat tires don't add noise like my former X3. Gas mileage is excellent with the manual transmission.

The Complete Package
By lakeman on 12/02/07 05:18 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This awesome car is the complete package. It handles as well as my Porsche Boxster and has much more power. Yet it seats four, with comfort and with the top up is as quiet as a coupe. Luggage is limited with the top down, but more than enough with the top up. The ride is excellent and I have had no complaints on the run flats. The sport seats are infinitely adjustable and comfortable for long trips. We did not get iDrive and I am glad from what I have seen. The iPod option is great and much better deal than getting the cd changer. Get about 20 mpg around town and high 20's on the road. A little over 1500 miles and no problems. This car does everything well.

Incredible Convertible
By jdcowboy on 12/01/07 20:32 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

08 335i convertible, auto, nav, sirius, premium, back up sensors. Best option on the convertible is the wind blocker. Have had the top down at 105 mph and not had papers on the front seat move! Keeps the interior warm with the heat on at 50 degrees. Top is cool, seat heaters are actually too powerful. IDrive works fine, in some cases better than wife's Lexus system. Power is incredible. 20 mph in mixed driving with a heavy foot. I've had it about a month and put 1700 miles on it. Definitely will buy extended warranty and extended service contract. Traded 02 Lexus for this and am happy. Not as smooth as the Lexus, but I wanted a more sporty ride and more power. Got both and more.

2008 335xi 4 Door
By tc on 12/01/07 11:13 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

2008 335xi, 4 door titanium silver. Premium, cold weather, navigation, iPod adapter, manual. Hands down the best car I've ever driven. Test drove the TL, G35X, C Class and 328xi before deciding on the 335xi. Other models driving experience just does not compare. 328xi was nice, but the power of the 335xi is night & day different and worth the extra money, especially with the additional standard options. In hindsight, I wish I got the sport package in addition to or instead of the navigation. So far I've put 2200 miles on this vehicle and have had zero problems with it. Overall I'm very satified with this vehicle, although it can get very expensive with all the options.

Incredible Handling--Run Flats Stink
By socalh2oskier on 11/27/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Convertible (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has fantastic handling. It is well-balanced, and the steering reacts almost immediately. The interior is well-designed, although iDrive is still a pain. I have the convertible, and, if I had to do it over again, I would not buy this car. The miniscule trunk with the top down makes it impossible to run even minor errands. I cannot even remove my tennis racket without going through the machinations of putting the top up. Even more frustrating is the harsh ride inflicted by the run-flat tires. I changed mine to regular go-flat tires one week after purchase, and the ride improved immeasurably. Overall, a nice car, but the trunk space and run-flats ruin the experience.

I love this car
By cee on 11/10/07 18:59 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 335i 2dr Coupe (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car is the 1st car that I have ever bought and completly love. The power this car has is unbeliveable. One hit on the gas, and you feel how much power this car possess, The car hanldes like gem. The nav gets kind of tricky, and steering is tight, but other wise the car is a must have.

The best car I ever had!
By AK907 on 11/06/07 18:18 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series 328xi 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

The BMW 328xi sedan is handsdown the best car I have ever owned! Simply awesome in every way, I would recommend a 3 series to anyone wanting to experience what the benchmark for incredible handing without compromised ride quality is all about. This car inspires confidence like nothing I have ever driven before and my wife and I are constantly finding reasons just to get out and drive the car down our favorite back roads. Or just across town to get chinese food or groceries. Just make sure that if you go test drive one that the Client Advisor shows you what the car can actually do. Oh yeah, ours is also great fun in the snow and handles icy conditions great! You won't be disappointed!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 BMW 3 Series in WA is:

$164 per month*