2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 Series model:
Good to drive, but service is tough
By AT on 09/25/09 17:17 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I ordered my car a few years ago and for the most part have really liked it with a few caveats. Its been driven to Montana in the snow and handled Seattle snow-pocolypse '09 with flying colors. I think it handles better in the snow than my previous subarus. The caveats: The fuel pump has been replaced twice due to factory flaw (warranty repair) and this series of car has consistent issues with the brakes making noise as you take off (not under braking). BMW currently will not fix it. The service experience has me re-thinking the car. I may go to something smaller and slightly more fuel efficient for commuting. It wouldn't be an issue if I bought a truck, but this is a BMW. I expected more.

Exceeded Expectations
By S. Lash on 02/22/09 14:17 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This car has been everything I expected and more. There is no other car in this price range that has the combination of handling, performance and overall design appeal. I ordered a 6 speed with white exterior/red interior and aluminum trim; it is stunning in my opinion and draws attention everywhere I go. While the 328 does not have the overall power of the 335, it provides just as much enjoyment as an everyday car. The X- drive handles snow and rain providing a secure feeling on par with Audi's I have owned previously. I look forward to driving every time I get into the car... it is more than transportation, it is a joy to drive.

It IS the Ultimate Driving Machine
By davids on 01/01/09 07:35 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I've owned the vehicle for a year, although I'm storing it for the winter, and couldn't love it more. The performance and handling are outstanding (unless you try to drive in 1/2" of snow with the Sports Package). If you really want to have fun with it I highly recommend installing the Dinan Performance Engine Software upgrade. For $2k you can increase the power output to 384hp and the torque to 421lb-ft (and Dinan will match BMW's new car warranty). It's no M but honestly it's plenty fast and nimble for quite a bit less cash. It's sporty and fun when you want it to be yet still smooth and refined.

3rd BMW and very happy - 335xi Coupe
By Satisfied Owner on 11/20/08 16:52 PM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Previously had 99 and 03 6-cylinder 5- series. Wanted a car that was roughly the same size and with 4-wheel drive. The Coupe fit the bill since I don't need the room for the family at this point in my life. I was hesitant about going to a 3-series from the 5ers but after 4K miles I am extremely happy with the car. Not one issue has brought me back to the dealer. Performance all around rocks. Stereo is great. I can even get 29+ MPG doing 70 MPH. Sport seats are a must. Customization of features and access to features such as the iPod interface are very good through the iDrive interface. And come on - this car is a GREAT looking - people even stare at it at night!

335xi Coupe
By B on 08/01/08 10:12 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Got the car last October. Nothing but issues with it. Shifts hard, constant jerking. Also experiencing issues with the oil sensor. Today my car has been in the shop for 5 days because of a bad fuel pump apparently. Waiting for BMW to send the part! Not happy with it !

Too fast for commuting
By flix on 06/20/08 10:58 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Great car but so powerful you have to be light on the gas in DC rush hour traffic. Make sure to get the leather interior, premium package for max comfort.

Reviews don't give it justice
By Wvortices on 06/09/08 17:33 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

I have been reading reviews and have been driving BMWs for years now but despite how good everyone said this car would be it doesn't sink in until you pull it off the lot. I traded in an E46 M3 so there was a lot this car had to live up to. I couldn't believe that this car feels just as fast as my old M3 but is much easier to drive. The feel of the car is just as good but it handles the rough stuff way better. I need to mention something that has been a sore point for many reviewers but if you are at all computer literate, the iDrive will be a MUST have. There will be a learning curve but the technology integration is way better than many reviewers give it credit for.

Fantastic car!
By jd_guy on 04/30/08 15:09 PM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

New BMW owner, previously owned Japanese models (Acura, Toyota, Mazda). Very pleased, wonderful car to drive. Scary fast, with great pick up in any gear. The finish and technology are exceptional. I'm very pleased with the choice. Test drove Infiniti G37, but didn't make it out of the BMW dealer after test driving the 335xi (got it on the spot). Didn't go for the nav, bought a Garmin nuvi (noticed BMW also sells Garmins with the BMW branding).

First BMW
By John on 03/28/08 08:00 AM (PDT)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

Living in the Ohio Snow Belt I wanted Xi system. I went with the 335 Xi, 6 speed and truly love all the performance and handling. I ordered extra wheels for snow tires, Continentals, which have been great. I’ve found the winter capability to be nothing short of fantastic. I’m anxious to put the OEM tires back on once the winter is over. Build quality, material quality is far above any other vehicle I have owned. On trips I've gotten 26+MPG at 70 MPH.

Great Car On Poor Tires!
By Jim on 01/04/08 06:42 AM (PST)

2008 BMW 3 Series Coupe 335xi 2dr Coupe AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6M)

This is a follow-up review to one I submitted recently on my 2008 335 xi coupe in which I gave it high marks. If you are considering this car be advised that you can only get RFTs (run flat tires). In addition the 18” five spoke wheels only come with summer performance RFTs. Note: there isn’t an all-season RFT available for the 18” wheel. If you are not familiar with RFTs be prepared for the following. RFTs give a much harder ride, cost about twice as much as conventional tires and may not be able to be fixed if you have a flat. The result of that will be a replacement tire costing $300 – $350! I replaced the original RFTs on my 335xi Coupe with conventional high perf

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.