2006 Acura RSX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RSX model:
Waited long enough!
By ken on 07/23/06 13:51 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The RSX-S was well worth the wait for me.It's got the power and handling I was looking for and the lease for $239.00 monthly was the best I've seen!

Great car, great value
By Albee on 07/20/06 18:47 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Just bought a new Type S and couldn't be happier. If you're looking for top performance (i.e. extremely fun to drive) at a very reasonable cost, get this car. It has great acceleration and handling, and working the clutch is extremely easy. The 6 spd is great for the hwy mpg (city mpg is not 23 btw unless you drive real slow. figure about 18-20). Couple issues with the car is it can be a bumpy ride on non-smooth roads due to tight suspension. Also, engine gets loud at high rpms (redline starts at like 7500). In terms of construction, the car is a rock. The Type-S is 100% made in Japan (most Acuras are made in the USA now).

BABY BOOMERS RSX-TYPE S
By Phil Epps on 07/12/06 12:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car smokes. Great pick up and plenty of power. All aspects of car feel just great. Sound system will blow out the windows. You can hang meat with the A/C going and still get 30-32 mpg on the freeway. A little hard for this 57 year old to get in and out but once in the comfort is unbleveable. Little or no noise from outside. Tight steering and ultra close gears in the 6 speed. Feels great to drive and always has enough power.

The RSX is the best small sporty car
By jake c borunda on 07/09/06 17:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Quite simply put the RSX Type-S is simply the best small sporty car offored in today's maket, and will be for years to come. Nothing in, or near it's price range is even close to offeringing the RSX's level of refinement, luxury, sportieness, and refinement with a five year fourty thousant mile warrentee. Not to mention the level of seviced recived when purchaseing an Acura. The closest thing out the is Civic Si, and you cant put that and luxury in the same catagory. Not that it isn't a great car. It's just that it's not as nice as the Acura, in Type-S form. After this you have to step up to BMW, Infinnity, or Lexus.

Great Car... except strut problem
By MKB on 06/28/06 06:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

The perfect blend of a daily driver and a back road driver with the ability to exhilerate. This car can be driven as two different cars, below 4k rpm and above 4k rpm. Take your pick and you won't be disappointed. Be aware though that the RSX and from what I have learned the TSX have issues with the front struts. The right front strut on my car began making noise at 500 miles, now at 7200 miles and no fix yet from the minds in Japan. Other than a minor paint blemish this is the only fault I've found with the car. Seats are great, providing a comfortable driving position, although extended drives become somewhat tiresome. Auto headlamps would be nice.

A Great All Around Choice
By Frank on 06/18/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided it was time to purchase a reliable car that would hold its value, Acura was my choice. The warranties, customer service and quality of these cars are second to none. I needed a daily driver that was sporty, reliable, held its value, and got great gas mileage at a good price. The RSX was all these things. I'm extremely happy with my purchase. I'm in Pa and averaging 31-32 mpg with a little spirited driving in that number. The car gives all its power in the 5- 7k rpm range. It's quite a sound at that rpm. I wanted the S-Type but the insurance premiums made it unrealistic, not to mention having to use Premiums gas. The 5-speed base RSX was the perfect compromise for me.

best car of the year!
By d on 06/14/06 14:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

the car is great looks great. i am so happy with it and will keep for a long time

2006 RSX-S
By jake c borunda on 06/12/06 18:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This has been one of the mast fun and exhilarating sporty car I have owned to date. Out of the GT Mustang, Z28 Camaro, SVT Focus, and C230 Mercedes this care has proven that not only can you have sports car performance, but you can also have luxuryous ride as well. It does well in every catagory, not only in performance. Acura could easly justify chargeing well above the manufactured sticker price, or even the dealers asking price. This car is a home run!

Subtle Performance
By DrummerJim50 on 05/25/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX Type-S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Good performance with good gas mileage. The styling is very subtle which I like because it doesn't draw too much unwanted attention. Slick shifting manual. The ride is a little harsh at times when going over defects in the road. The car sounds awesome with the windows down at 7000+ rpm. This is truly a driver's car. Another added bonus...for a few thousand a turbocharger can put it in the 300+ HP range.

sweet
By ALEX on 05/24/06 13:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Acura RSX 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5A)

When my father had purchased the 2004 rsx base model, i didn't like it. But once i drove it, my mind completely changed. The handling and agility impresed me right away. Its short length is deceptive for its roomy front seats. There is little back seat room, but im never back there anyway for me to care. I'm proud to own my 2006 Rsx.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.