My first Japanese car
By scotch1 on
2012 Acura RDX 4dr SUV w/Technology Package (2.3L 4cyl Turbo 5A)
My first choice was a BMW X3 or Audi Q5, but the price was about 9K to 10K more than the RDX. The car is sporty, fun to drive, good seating confort in the front and rear seats. Love the surround sound stereo, Nav and Blue Tooth. The voice commands to operate most controls is hit or miss. Have about 3K in miles so far, average about 19 to 20 in town driving. The ride is a bit stiff, but NVH is good. Have owned 4 Volvos, the RDX is much more compliant with impact harshness than any of my Volvos. Yeah, I hate the beak front end, but at least is does not look like the Nissan Joke, I mean Juke. Most Japanese cars lack the sense of design when to BMW or Mercedes.
Favorite Features
Likes, turbo is smooth and fast. Front seat room and comfort. Stereo, NAV, the center console is huge, HID head lights are great, very bright. Cargo area is roomy for the compact size. Overall the RDX is fun to toss around, agile.
Suggested Improvements
The 2013 RDX is supposed to be all new, have to see what improvments Acura makes. I would like to see direct injection, seven speed auto, improve the interior plastics, the look is cheap on the top of the dash. Sham on Acura for the hard plastic on the rear interior door panels, cheap looking carpet, a hood prop rod instead of gas struts, no rear hatch unlock button on the key fob for the tailgate, no rear seating area air vents. These are big omissions in my view. In my opinion, Acura does not compete with the luxury SUV's from Europe, they have a long way to go in build quality. Acura, I think is an upscale Honda. A nice car but......
By mobil930
on 12/23/11 11:20 AM (PST)

I HERD U HAVE 2 CHANGE THE OIL EVERY 3000 MILES VS 7500 MILES ON THE TL. I GOT THE TL! IS THAT TRUE? ALSO I HEARD U GOTTO USE SYNTEC OIL, WHICH IS ALSO MUCH MORE MONEY!

By maverick_piggy
on 07/10/12 14:51 PM (PDT)

The MID in RDX will notify you. I heard the actual miles may vary from 3k to 6k depending on your driving style. The synthetic oil is required for turbo engines as usual.