1997 Acura Integra Consumer Review: Acura Integra is fun and relia

1997 Acura Integra Hatchback - Consumer Review

Acura Integra is fun and reliable
By Kathi on

1997 Acura Integra LS 2dr Hatchback

I love my car and am having a hard time accepting that I have to sell it. I bought it brand new in 1997, and I have not had any major problems with it at all, only regular maintenance checkups. The gas mileage is excellent, especially for highway driving. The car is peppy and agile, which makes it fun to drive (I recommend manual transmission for the most fun). Also, you don't need a VTEC engine to get good pickup. Composed of Honda parts, the Integra is also extremely reliable. If I weren't moving to Europe, I would choose to drive my car until the wheels fell off. No kidding!

I love the back seats that fold down to allow for lots of trunk space. Also, the power moon roof is fun to open in nice weather, and the CD audio system has a pretty good sound for standard equipment.

My only suggestion is to have less cabin noise. It only became noticeable as I got older and started riding in a Mercedes, which is known to be a quiet luxury car, on a regular basis. Also, this is not a car for tall people with long legs. It was comfy for me, though!