2017 Volvo XC90 SUV Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC90 model:

VOLVO XC90
By kiran

2017 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

This is nice car compared to other cars in same category(acura MDX,BMW X5,Audi Q7) in terms of third row space ,value for the money and technology . I strongly recommend to get Head's up display(HUD) which is 900 $ option as it will help you when you are using semi autonomous feature(pilot assist) and adaptive cruise control feature .

I love it!
By Jack YM

2017 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

This is my third week of driving Volvo XC90 and both my kids and I love it! I have been searching for a replacement for my Honda Odyssey for a while. I have compared Acura MDX, Audi Q7, Mercedes GLE, and BMW X5. Eventually, I decided to have the XC90 and have to say that it has exceeded my expectation so far. Initially, I was thinking to buy a MDX given I have had a Honda before and for the value. However, I think the interior of the MDX is not as luxurious as one would expect and with all the options, it is not that "value" anymore, so to speak. Sometimes, people may have experienced "buyer's remorse" wishing you have bought a different car. It never occurred to me. As I said earlier, my kids love riding in this car and I feel good driving the car. The security features are excellent and are one of the main reasons I chose this car. The technology is super and the touch screen central display is very good, simple, clean, and works. One may need take time to learn how it works, just like using ipad or iphone. My car also comes with the "red" key which is nice if you have younger ones driving the car (additional safety features like limiting the driving speed). The only thing it took a little bit more time to make it work is the "Homelink" button for garage door opener. The instruction comes with the car doesn't help much. I went to the "Homelink" website and downloaded the instruction for this specific car. It worked on my first try. I wish it had come with the car a separate sheet/instruction on how to program the "Homelink" button given this would probably the first thing people would do once they drive the car home. Overall, I am very happy and pleased with the car.

Hot Mama Mobile
By Renee

2017 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I switched from a Mercedes GL to my new XC 90 Inscription and I don't miss my Mercedes a bit. It is so comfortable, easy to drive, easy to park, and functions wonderfully!! Not quite as fast off the mark as my old car, but catches up fast. Haven't been for service yet, but love that three years of service is included in the purchase price, much better than expensive services at Mercedes. So far, so fun! Bought it in Nov. 2017.

We love our new xc90
By Susan MacPherson

2017 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Momentum 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

We owned a 2007 xc90 and just updated it to a 2017. We love all the new features- it is more luxurious and has added conveniences than the older model. But it still has all the aspects we liked in the previous one. We feel great about the purchase.

Very happy!
By Pam Nichols

2017 Volvo XC90 SUV T6 Inscription 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Twincharger 8A)

I've never had a perfect car for me but this is quite close. My husband refused to ever drive an SUV but he loves this car. He's always looking for an excuse to drive. It has power! There are lots of extras in the inscription that are worth the extra money. I like the larger tires and leather quality especially. My kids love the car too and prefer to ride in the "way back". Some of the technology is tricky but you do get the hang of it and there are so many features that it's worth the effort to learn it.