Used 2012 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volvo XC70 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific XC70 model:

After 3 Months...We're still in love!
By Frank

2012 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 2012 XC70 T6 with 23,000 miles on it. I got it just in time, as Portland winter came and we were blanketed in snow and ice 4 times over 2 months. I put studded tires on the car and it has been a tank! Not one single slip or skid...even starting on a steep incline. The acceleration is amazing. This car flat out moves, which is pretty impressive considering it is not a light vehicle. The seats are amazingly comfortable! You can actually feel the seat cushion bounce a little as you go over bumps rather than your body absorbing the shock. We had reservations of purchasing a used Volvo over a new Subaru, but after driving both...the decision was easy. Hoping this girl keeps truckin' for many more years!

FURSTRATION Volvo lost a good customer
By robert d

2012 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

this car has headlights not fit for night driving above 45 mph.I have owned four Volvos and I loved the first three,2002 v70 a great car.A 2006 s60 good car and s80 so the decision to buy a new Volvo was easy. little did I know that the head lights were changed and no adjustment would help the lights. BECAUSE the lights have a visor over them preventing you from seeing far enough down the road. The Volvo dealers were of no help. one saying you could buy a different car REALY! all VOLVOS WITH HALAGON LITES WEAR VISORS I think it is a mandate tp lower the beams so as not to blind on coming cars and to prevent you from seeing ROAD SIGNS WITHOUT USING THE HIGH BEAMS because of this I sold this UNSAFE VOLVO. VOLVO lost me as a customer . VOLVO THE I DON'T CARE COMPANY I expected more from the safe car co.

Swedish buy
By A Reader

2012 Volvo XC70 3.2 4dr Wagon (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Know ahead what options to look for since some vehicles do not automatically have certain options

Test Drove the 2012 XC70 t6
By solarwinds

2012 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

XC70 t6 is a great looking solid vehicle... I test drove a 2012 t6 with 70K miles for about 40 minutes in city and highway... The MPG are not great but the power is smooth and it is a 4100 pound solid vehicle that you will hopefully be safe in. The seats and interior and features are fantastic better than a BMW, Audi, or MB. At this point it is either a MB wagon, XC70 t6, Subaru Out Back... I wont get a BMW wagon because of the RFT. I just don't see a utility vehicle or people mover not having a spare tire... The MB no off road... So its going to be an t6 or an Out Back. I would recommend a XC70 t6 it a very solid machine...

Safety Safety Safety... Seats, Brown mixed colors, looks, Electronics Power... Turbo engine and transmission... Safety... Looks :) It is quiet, and just feels solid and does put a smile on your face... Yes there is a spare... Reg fuel... I can buy a 2012 t6 fully loaded with NAV 300 hp turbo w/ 70K miles for 25K or a 2014 Subaru Outback Limited no nav 4 cylinder boxer with one hundred miles for 27K... 177 HP just a little over 3100 lbs. Subaru has an 8" clearance...

Volvo insist on a FWD vehicle... This makes the car top heavy. Volvo should make this car a RWD and lower the engine... Or make it a Vertical not Horizontal... A lighter Flat 6 boxer engine Outback is cheaper and will handle better... Because of its low center of gravity and Subaru is able to have the best AWD vehicle out... If Subaru made the Out Back close to 50K with plush and added some weight and a Flat Six Turbo the out back would be incredible...

Love my new car
By aptje14

2012 Volvo XC70 T6 4dr Wagon AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

My family loves this Wagon. Perfect daily driver for people with kids and pets. Comfortable on long trips. Safety features are very important to my family and this car doesn't disappoint. This Volvo Wagon is effortless to drive and I look forward to any excuse for a road trip.

Update:

We have owned this car for 4 years now and still love it. My sixteen year old has chosen this car to drive over our other car, a BMW 335i. We feel that she is very safe in the Volvo but sure do miss driving it ourselves. We would have two if we could afford it. The new models get much better gas mileage which now makes this the perfect vehicle, in our opinion.