Used 2013 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews - 16 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific XC60 model:

Dependable workhorse
By Jeff Maccallum

2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

After 5 years and multiple cross country trips our XC-60 is still going strong with everything still functioning as if it were new! Tires still have plenty of tread at 56,000 miles. Maintenance provided by the dealer was very well done during the time we had the car. After the complimentary three services were completed, the cost was a little steep, but they did an excellent job. I'd buy a new one, if I were in the market.

Fun car to drive
By Al C

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

UPDATE 01/2018
Volvo stood by their warranty on the internal oil leak. After following the steps on the TSB, corporate OK'd replacing my pistons and rings at mile 66000. That's like a new engine..sort of. But my oil low indication has not come back and I'm a happy camper. I've had no other issues and look forward to driving this thing until my 100k warranty runs out, then I'll be ready for the XC90!

Ok, I've had my 2013 XC60 T6 AWD for over a year now. I love driving it. The engine power is more than enough to push back in your seat. All the interior gadgets make sense from a driver point of view. I can see why my insurance is so low on it, the safety features are overwhelming. Now, the bad news. Little did I know this model/year is prone to an oil leak internally. You have to get your hands on TJ24643. It will describe the low oil level warning and how Volvo engineers fix (hide) the leak warning. Here is their thinking: Let's re-program the computer to alert at a lower oil level, then let's change out the dipstick with a longer one and move the Full/Low markings lower on the dipstick!! If the warning comes back after that, you have to haggle for a new engine.....So other than that, the car is a blast!!

Xc-60 Turbo Review
By Roy from Michigan

2013 Volvo XC60 T6 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased this car after trading in a Honda CRV which was a very good car as well but wanted an all wheel drive SUV. Lots of choices but style and performance is important to me as well as space for utility and projects. The turbo charged engine is quick. It is sure footed on bad roads my state is known for. The ride is stiff but controllable but I like sport like handling and emergency avoidance features this Volvo has as standard equipment. This is safe and only real issues is first: rear seats very tight for adults but not often used in my case. Second controls are very different from what I was used to and had a learning curve which you must study to really use them properly but having no navigation and knowing the system it is fine now. My insurance went down, the safety is great, performance great, mileage is what you expect (25 mpg highway, 17-20 city), seats very comfortable, and styling very sharp and usable space well designed. Volvo dealers are not common but close enough that it is not a problem and reliability has been good. In short I would buy this safe premium SUV again.

LOVE IT
By Suzanne Morrison

2013 Volvo XC60 3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I don't get how the value dropped by $10K in 2 years. When I bought it there was one in S.F. for $54K and I paid $33K. It's appraising at $23K now. Other than that I LOVE IT. I have a 2000 S80 with 250,000 miles and it's still running strong. My only complaint is that everyone thinks I'm driving with my brights on. VOLVO's are the best.

Volvo xc 60