Used 2011 Volvo XC60 Consumer Reviews

Used XC60 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons
3 out of 5 stars

Beware the OIL CONSUMPTION ISSUE

mark, 11/10/2015
3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

Beware of the oil consumption issue. Bought a new 2011 xc60 turbo. After a few years, noticed that i needed to add a quart of oil between 5000 mile oil changes. didn't think much of it. Only to learn, after it was beyond the warranty the oil needed to be added at more and more frequency. After doing some research... "simply google Volvo oil consumption", then you begin to learn... After complaining to Volvo, they offered to look at it.. after about $1500 in repairs, noting offering to change my oil trap (which i told them was already repaired and paid for), they said they did some necessary computer adjustments, and I must also purchase a new dipstick for the oil??? Didn't know why I would need a new dipstick?? After getting my next oil change 5000 miles later (happily with no new warnings of low oil level), my mechanic informed me that the car now takes 8 quarts of oil, instead of 7, and the new dipstick won't trigger the computer to state low oil level. WOW..... look elsewhere or do your research

3 out of 5 stars

5 out of 5 stars

Love this SUV / Crossover! Better than expected!

Dave, 02/18/2016
3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

I'd recommend this SUV to anyone looking for a nice vehicle (Family or not). I am a new father and needed a family car so the Mustang had to go. My wife wanted the Volvo for it's superior safety rating and I liked the looks. Turns out this vehicle handles almost as good as my Mustang! Not SUV like at all, as it has a nice suspension and very confident handling. Power is not bad at all with the 3.2L non-turbo engine as it likes to rev, can only imagine the turbo would be much more fun. I'm getting 21.5 mpg with all local driving and winter idling which was the most my V6 Mustang could make with mixed highway/city. The seats are very comfortable and the build is much better than the Ford I traded from. I'll keep you updated as I drive it. -well almost 2 years later and 20k miles on it. New tires, a few little scratches from the little guy and shopping carts and I still love it. So far only oil changes and a new battery is all it took. Everything else works great, better in snow than my pickup truck. Still looks sleek and modern even with the gorgeous new models from Volvo out. About the only flaw was the Volvo badge on the front flaked apart so I had to buy a new one from eBay.

4.63 out of 5 stars

Satisfied Owner

rkurlander, 03/22/2011
3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

AWD, Premium, Sensus, Multimedia, Convenience, PCC. With 2,000 miles I give the Volvo XC60 an A-. Vehicle is very solid with excellent build quality. Performance with the 3.2 engine is good. There is no reason to spend extra for the turbo unless the "rush" is important. MPH is better than advertised with 20 city and 26.5 highway. Pirelli tires are excellent.

4.63 out of 5 stars

A nice alternative to the snobmobiles

myob, 01/02/2011
T6 R-Design 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 6A)

Cross shopped with BMW X5 and considered others. The Volvo won because it combined good styling(inside and out), good handling for a crossover, great (prob the best in class) safety, a 5 year warranty with free service, and finally, a quality dealership experience that was close by. If you can swing it, I definitely recommend the T6 version with the 300hp, 325 lb torque turbo inline 6 engine. It is buttery smooth, has no real turbo lag.Much better power delivery than a similar hp Infiniti engine, with a lot less vibration and noise. We got the R design version for the tighter handling and steering, plus the design elements which make the car look better. It handles quite well.

3.2 non-turbo with AWD is fantastic all-around

adamwrites, 01/26/2011
3.2 4dr SUV (3.2L 6cyl 6A)

This is, hands down, the most luxurious, comfortable, enjoyable vehicle I've ever owned (prior cars include: 08 BMW X3, 04 Acura TL, 99 BMW 3 Series sedan). Compared it to the latest Acura RDX, BMW X3, a few others. Great seats, handles great in the snow, lots of passenger and cargo space. Chose the naturally aspirated 6 and there's plenty of power without the turbo (tested both passing uphill on Rt. 280 near Livingston, NJ, those who have driven it can appreciate the statement). Love that it is a PZEV and AWD, and I expect better mileage sans turbo. Note: I picked the car up only a few days ago -- so my choice of 5 for reliability is what I'm hoping rather than what I've experienced.

12345...6