2015 Volvo S60 Sedan Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volvo S60 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

The Volvo S60 is a Hidden Gem!!!
By Mark Martin

2015 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This car is amazing! It is a well built and great functioning car! I love the stop/start feature and I also love driving the car in sport mode. 240hp is more than enough power for a luxury sedan. I see so many BMW, Lexus and Audi cars on the road. I feel that those cars are over rated and who wants to drive down the street and see others with the same exact car as you and newer versions of your car everywhere you look? I know I don't. The car has outstanding safety ratings and it has amazing gas mileage and when I go to get my oil changed the staff is upscale and professional. I also checked this model and year and there are currently no recalls. Many of the BMW, Lexus and Audi cars end up on the NHTSA website.

Love my S60 - But....
By Will

2015 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I seldom write any time of reviews but in this instance I feel I must share some of my experiences with potential future Volvo S60 buyers. I purchased my 2015 S60 during the second half of 2014. I will note at the outset that I "love" my car. I enjoy the way it performs, the speed, the handling, etc. It's a bit tight (I'm 6'2") but overall it's been a great buy. My only issue has been on maintenance and I can't decide whether it's the vehicle or the dealership which I've been using for maintenance. I've had three instances where "major" repairs have been required, the most recent of which is currently in the works and involves replacing spark plugs which should not need to be replaced after merely 18,500 miles. I've already had one internal sensor replaced at the recommendation of VOLVO Central and it's likely that this current repair will require the replacement of a cylinder. I've had this vehicle for less than two years, and it has "granny" miles (coming up on 18,500) yet somehow it's required days worth of repairs. Recognizing that these repairs are all covered under the current warranty (thank God) it's still a bit of a disappointment because I enjoy this vehicle. Once I get the vehicle back to health - from fuel economy to comfort, it's a great purchase. Just starting to wonder whether VOLVO sold me the proverbial "lemon."

First Volvo
By SE

2015 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

After multiple Japanese and American cars, this is our first venture in a European based car. So far we are very pleased with our choice.
Getting to consider the Volvo was due primarily to the very positive experience we had with the dealer group (Fields Automotive) while we owned our 2005 Infiniti G35 sedan. That was a great car, but we were not enthused about staying with Infiniti (great driving experience, but expensive operating and maintenance costs). Same group had a Volvo store and decided to check it out. First impressions: clean design, interior and exterior (typical Euro/Scandinavian functionalistic, without being cold); good driving experience: totally surprised by throttle response from the T5 engine, handling; visibility, and comfort. Also appreciated that the tech interface was not the centerpiece of the dashboard like most new cars. Good combination of actual buttons and knobs with screen controls. Has a screen saver option, so the display goes dark after 20 seconds, instead of staring at you. Looked at an Acura TLX 2.0 4-cyl (poor engine response, dash is way too busy) and a Lexus ES (nice car, still a Camry, and pricey). So we went with the S60 (thought about the V60, but didn't need the extra room, and the sedan was a bit quieter).
We've only had it 4 months, but still very pleased. Good on the highway: plenty of power even at speed, quiet: some road noise, but not obtrusive. City driving is relaxed. Auto Stop/Start is a little weird at first, but you get used to it. BLIS is great. Back seat (which has been described as tight) has been totally comfortable for 2 adults. Trunk has also been adequate for our needs. Great gas mileage: 25/35 (which is tremendous coming from about 16 mpg on a good day).
Only issue was the electric defrost built into the windshield, which comes with the Climate package. Was very distracting: Volvo replaced at N/C with standard windshield.

I am truly loving it. (I am small)
By Soffia

2015 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I am petite (AKA short ; 5'2'') so finding a car I can drive well and comfortably is always a challenge... I like car seats that I can move up, tilt the bottom part, adjust pretty much everything so I can reach the pedals and also see the road... this car is perfect for me in so many ways but the seats are the most important... I also love confortable seats and these are truly amazing. I love gadgets and technology and I feel this comes loaded, love the number pad.... I make many calls for work so I find it very practical, I was very annoyed by the start-stop engine system but you can disable it when you run the car on , which is great. I wanted the MB CLA but they did not give me a good deal so went with the dealer that sold me my VW and after looking at the cc and Eos wasn't convinced , they are great cars but the cc felt for older people and the Eos was again a 2 door car and was tired of having a 2 door car... it does look bit like many new other cars out there pretty much every make has a model similar to the S60 but it is still a good looking sedan with nice clean lines. The adjustable lumbar part of the front seats and heated seats are also a plus... I use it even in the summer in FL. I am not a fan of the dual AC ... it is kind of annoying. at least for me. I like that the cover for sunroof is totally sun proof unlike mercedes and vw which are not 100% sun proof and I can't stand feeling the sun on my head specially since I can't be under the sun. My daughters say the seats in the back are confortable, I like that you can (at the push of a button) tilt the hardest in the back seats to allow better visibility... I think it has great visibility and I find that important... test drive one, you will like it.

Cheap & Tires Are Dangerous
By brithume

2015 Volvo S60 Sedan T5 Drive-E 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 6/14 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Like another reviewer, we have have several flat tires in one year. We have two S60s and it's the same problem with both. After 12,000 miles, the tire lights came on and wouldn't go off when we put in more air. I brought it into Volvo Service and was told it was a technology glitch and it was fixed. A week later, they were on again. I brought the car in again and now they're saying that we have to replace all four tires because they're so worn down. This makes absolutely no sense. We are in our 50's, are very safe drivers and drive the speed limits. This car is only a year old and Volvo wants $1000 for the new tires. Pathetic.