Used 2012 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 58 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

Burns Oil Like Crazy 34k miles
By Andrew

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

Don't. Purchased a used (but still under warranty) 2012 with 34K miles on it. It burns through 1.5 its oil every 1000 miles. My local Volvo dealer is giving me the run around and suggesting unnecessary repairs when we both know the engine is shot and it needs piston rings.

Elegant and simple
By Paul Redmond

Great Car. Very comfortable

Best value around
By Kurt Steinke

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

You won't find a better combination of style and performance for the money.

2012 S60 T5 - Knocking my socks off
By Brian

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I'll start off by saying I was not too familiar with Volvo. I knew of their existence but never did a double take. My company leases their vechicles to the employees as a company vehicle. Then when mileage hits 85-90k miles, they first offer it to the original driver of our company, then to any other employee in the company. I just happened to check the listings in Phoenix, AZ and the first one on the list was a 2012 Volvo S60 T5 Flamenco Metallic Red. Then I saw it was our branch manager. I walked over and asked him how he liked the car and said he loved it and threw me the keys and said "see for yourself". I was so excited once I sat in the amazing leather cockpit and slapped in the boxy key and hit start. He had a smile on his face as he walked away knowing I would probably enjoy the drive. The handling was great! The acceleration was great! Oh, then I noticed sport mode. That really helped me decide about the purchase. So after cranking the 8 speaker stereo with upgraded 160 watt amp, and opening and closing the sunroof / moonroof...I was hooked. I kinda said under my breathe...Volvo, for life. I have had the car now for about 1 month and I am still not tired of driving it. The controls in the console are easy to use. The power seats are a treat. The solid state hard drive I plugged in to the USB port in the center hidden console supplies me with 256GB of tunes that will last on any road trip without repeating a song. By the way, the first thing I did for maint was replace the headlights with a little whiter shades, replaced the spark plugs with double platinum. Replace the cabin filter (not fun at all). And polish up the leather seats for a nice new look. I did notice that the newer 2014-2016 speedometer cluster was easy to swap out but a few features would not show up so I decided to keep the old cluster and enjoy the simple yet semi-sporty look. I also did opt in on a very good deal for the 2 year extended warranty that covers major repairs. Hoping to get a good 3 or 4 years from this beautiful piece of machinery. Happy 2018!

Buy it again!
By Pbeckss

2012 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6A)

I definitely would buy this car again. Reliable, stylish, safe.