Used 2007 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Volvo S60 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S60 model:

2007 S60 fun car with great acceleration
By David Balkin

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car!

A little troublesome but a great value used.
By veiles71@gmail.com

2007 Volvo S60 2.5T 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Purchased in 2016 with 58,000 miles for only $5,000. Cosmetically in very good condition. Ride on the highway is excellent and gas mileage at around 30 MPG is acceptable. However, in town, the car is very cumbersome with a heavy feel and a terrible turn radius making it difficult to park in tight spots. In the year that I have owned it, 2 rear light bulbs and one of the headlight bulbs have gone out. The headlight bulb cost $150 at the dealer and would have cost me then again as much if I had not installed it myself. The coolant level light has gone on 4 times so I'm losing coolant. Since I only drive such that the level is down every 2 months, I have not looked into getting it repaired. The check engine light came on and the code indicated a failed fuel system emissions pump failing. When I checked with the dealership, they told me they would have to diagnose it again at a cost of $130. When I explained to them that after checking on the internet I found that this was a common problem and was due to issues with the software and that there should be an extended warranty covering the software update. Was told my car was out of warranty by 2 months even though the mileage was only half the limit. Went back on the internet and discovered that Volvo offers a free software update that covers all issues. Called the local dealer and after convincing them that I do not have to have any "service" done to qualify for the software upgrade, finally had it done. No issues with the check engine light since. Overall, I see why the resale value is so low. Having said that, the S60 is a lot of car for price and I'd buy a used one again. Probably not a new one, though.

'R' is a Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
By Kent Lupino

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I'd been looking for a P2 Volvo S60R for many months, and finally found a 2007 1-owner, low mileage example locally that I just couldn't pass up. I purchased it a little over a month ago and so far haven't regretted it at all. I should be clear that the 'R' moniker for the 2004-2007 S60 series vehicles indicated a very different kind car than all of the non-'R' variants. So if you are looking for a review of any S60 model that doesn't have the 'R' badge, you can stop reading and move on to the next review. A significantly re-worked 300HP 5-cylinder engine, sport exhaust, electronically-controlled suspension, Brembo performance disc brakes, and AWD give the S60R a completely different driving character than its siblings. It's quick, nimble, and produces an angry snarl--not too loud or thrashy-- when the tachometer goes over 2k RPM. In terms of styling, the P2 S60's are admittedly divisive. People seem to like it or hate it. I like it. Fortunately, Volvo didn't go overboard with plastic cladding and spoilers on the 'R' models, adding a slightly different front and rear fascia, subtle 'R' badge on the front black cube grille and rear trunk lid, and great-looking 17" 5-spoke alloy wheels. I love the fact that other than the wheels, the car looks a lot like any other S60. It's a classic factory hot rod that looks like a 'sleeper'. The interior is also a step above other S60's, with premium leather sport seats that are amazingly comfortable, and classy real aluminum trim on the doors and center stack. The two things that I love most about the 'R' interior are the subtle contrasting blue stitching on the black areas of the door panels, handbrake, shifter boot, steering wheel, and dashboard and the metallic blue instrument dials. Classy! However, let's just say up front that the downside of the 'R' badge arrives with certain kinds of repair bills. Those 4-piston Brembo brakes are unique to the 'R', and definitely not cheap to replace. Neither is the big KKK turbocharger. Or the electronically-controlled struts. But if you take care of the car, those kinds of $$$ repairs don't come often. Now, I freely admit that the S60R is no BMW M3 in terms of overall performance, but I love it precisely because it's NOT a BMW M3. Nobody expects a pre-Polestar era Volvo to have a sporty character, but this one does, along with the safety and build quality that Volvo is famous for. But instead of flaunting that extra performance for everyone to see, it only reveals its superpower when called upon. Awesome.

We now own 2
By Aaron Barkus

2007 Volvo S60 T5 4dr Sedan (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I baught this car with 89,000 miles after driving my Parents and falling in love with thier 2012 s60. Once you get on the road its great there is some road noise but its also an older small car. Idle is basically silent and the engine sounds amazing. Mine has the upgraded dolby pro logic 2 sound system and its very loud with great quality but the bass just isnt there, the speakers are very capable the settings just wont let u crank the bass. One thing is when you drive really slowly (parking) and its just warming up it shakes and rattles alot. My t5 averages around 24 mixed driving. most of all you fall in love with this car and you cant say that about and Japanese or German rival.

150k miles and counting!!
By Christian

2007 Volvo S60 R 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought my 2007 Volvo S60 R used at 85k miles. It now has over 150k miles on it! In this time I have not had one problem with the car. It's given a scheduled oil change every 5k miles, and had its 120k mile regular maintenance. I do take very good care of my car, however, I enjoy having fun in it as well. With the DTSC system combined with AWD, the back country roads couldn't be more fun. This was my first car, and have had it since I was 16, so I'm sure you can guess the limits I've pushed this car to... None the less, it has held up better than I could've imagined. I recently took the car for a full 130 point inspection and it passed every single one. My mechanic doesn't doubt if I'll see 300k miles with this car. With all the good, I will have to complain about the turn radius, as it's about the same as truck. All in all it's a great car, I look forward to the life of this car and the other Volvos' I will be purchasing.