Used 2001 Volvo C70 Convertible Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific C70 model:

Nice ride and comfort
By roland tanner

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Make sure the timing belt has been changed if over 75K on odometer and make sure routine maintenance has been done. Check the convertible top for wear and test the retraction, check engine compartment for oil/fluid leaks and cleanliness. Test drive and check acceleration, braking, and shifting.

Sexy just like me!
By Sweet Sexy Ride

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I Absolutely love this car! My honey purchased for me. He loves me! I always loved Volvo for safety but when I saw her I fell in love. This car has saved my life and is so dependable! It has the best "get out of the way" I have ever seen! Tractor coming down the road something extended on my side of the road, I couldn't see it until the last second. Cut the wheel at 70 and back. Never Lost Control! I'm still here kids too! Yes a bit rough at times. So what! This is the Only issue I will gladly live with! The top is almost always down. And I can park without worrying about theft. Misplaced the keys once. Could not open the car even by reaching in and hitting the locks. It totally shut down. WOW!

Super safe. Handles well in crisis situations. Of course the convertible top. And the sound system is super. Played Freebird and felt the vibes on my seat! Ooh Aah! And what a pretty car she is! Red with tan top/tan leather interior. Yup, my hunny luvs me! The back seats are great for my boys!

Like the other reviews. The cup holder really should be in the dash. Not the console. It is a bit flimsy but I never saw one that isn't. Rides rough sometimes, even on the smooth roads. Gas mileage so-so. But it is a heavy car. I think I am biased. :) I drive it a lot!

Beautiful but shaky car
By Todd

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

The C70 is a classically beautiful long hood/short deck design that looks great top up or down. The back seat room and rear visibility is very good for a convertible. This is my 3rd different 4-seat convertible, and the Volvo easily tops the others in that area. On the down side, repairs have been more frequent than I had expected given Volvo's reputation, and much more expensive than I'd like. The cowl shake and suspension crashing over railroads and potholes is frighteningly bad. But when the sun is out, the top is down, and the road is smooth, the C70 is a great joy to drive. It's no sports car, but a grand touring vehicle of the first rank.

Highway driving, comfortable seats front and back, great stereo, good gas mileage, good power for cruising and passing.

Cowl shake, build quality. Would I buy it again? Yes, but for my next convertible (considering new model C70, BMW 3 series, VW Eos, Audi TT or A4) I'll be looking for improvements in these areas.

convertible volvo
By myorchd

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible HT 2dr Convertible (2.3L 5cyl Turbo 5M)

it's a very fun car to drive with lots of options. it is very reliable and comfortable car as well.

heated seats, auto lock convertible top

the convertible's blind spot needs to be smaller

Dream Car was a LEMON!
By pmm

2001 Volvo C70 Convertible LT 2dr Convertible (2.4L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This was my dream car (not). I had it 19 mo. that's all I could take. In the shop 15x's all minor but come on. I had all the issues prev. stated plus a cracked dash that I was told is common in a Volvo (should have been told before I bought) would cost $2300 to fix. The constant rattle noise was so unnerving that I could not relax & drive. Also my SRS light came on 4x in the shop for each till they replaced the air bag.It was a huge sacrifice to buy this so called dream car that leaked from the window seals so bad that my carpet had to be pulled out and the pad replaced. two weeks before I got rid of it I had an oil leak and thermostat go out. I babied this car there is no excuse for such a rip-off

Powerful engine. beautiful appearance.back seat for kids. before dash cracked highway drive was awesome do not buy if you drive in a city like New Orleans. Great sound system.Love the fully auto conv. top no getting out to secure it.

needs to be drivable everywhere not just smooth highway. Dash should not crack.needs better cup holders and should be in back also. seals for windows should not chronically leak.fix poor visibility through rear and huge blind spots