Used 2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

2010- My first Touareg and it won't be my last!
By Cassie

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I have looked for a Touareg for nearly a year before buying. I wanted a newer one ( a 2013-2014) but decided not to go that high price for my first one. I had driven a 2015 and loved it, so the search was on! I lucked out and found a one owner, low mileage 2010 that felt right. I went from a GMC Yukon to the VW and haven't regretted it one bit. I had almost given up finding one and started looking at the GMC Acadia, Chevy Traverse, Volvo XC 90, and a few other mid sized SUV's and all had issues that I just couldn't overlook. They just didn't have the handling, interior or feel of the VW. I have two parents in their 80's that live with my husband and me and we all fit very comfortably in the VW. My father is tall and has trouble bending his hips/legs but can get in and out of the back seat with no problem. He was never able to get in and out of the rear seat with the Yukon. One thing we noticed in car shopping is the flat floorboard of the VW. There is no foot well (if that's what you call it) so my father was not having to lift his feet up over a lip to get in and out. I have been on two long trips with it over the last six months and it rides and handles beautifully. I put new Parelli tires on it (they are made for the Porsche, Audi and Touareg) and they are really wide and stable. The gas mileage isn't as bad as I expected, average is around 18 in the city. There are a couple things that I am missing and will have on my next Touareg; the auxiliary jack for the stereo and the panoramic sunroof (This one is small). Unexpected loves on this is the heated steering wheel, seats that recline fully, interior lighting is great, and the legroom is fantastic (I am 5'10"). So far I am really happy that I bought it. It's a fun ride, great handling and I feel safe in it. This isn't the first VW I have owned (several turbo Beetles--LOVED them!!!) so I am a VW fan over-all.

Excellent SUV
By krands

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great ride and handling both on and off road. Decent fuel economy for vehicle capable of towing 7000 lbs.

Transmission shifting with downhill deceleration

Great Buy
By stanleys

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Traded a Toyota 4 Runner for the Touareg. Best luxury SUV, I found for the money. Reliability and VW customer service seems to be improving.

Comfort,Exterior design abd sound system

Better gas mileage in the city.

Touareg Nightmare
By Nightmare

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

I drive a lot of miles each year, and I liked this car when it was under about 30,000 miles. I'm guessing that most of the people who are writing these reviews don't have 54,000 miles on a car this new. This car was great when I first owned it, but once I put quite a few miles on it, it turned into a nightmare. First of all this car goes through head and taillights like crazy. I've had 3 headlights and 1 taillight replaced, and every so often the check headlight warning goes on when there is no headlight out. Gas mileage could be much better. Brakes squeal constantly & they've already been replaced once (Not covered under warranty). Back seats take forever to fold down. Continued Below.

My horn broke at about 48,000 miles & was covered under warranty. At about 52,500 miles it broke again, I took it to the dealer requesting they fix it for no charge as the horn they put in was obviously defective. They said they would check w/Volkswagen and call me back. Continued Below...

I called them twice to check up on what they can do. They said "We still haven't heard but we'll let you know" They never called back. I stopped in and apparently the car has too many miles over the 50K bumper to bumper warranty and can't fix it. I only have 54K miles on it! I'll never buy VW again.

Awesome SUV
By HMB

2010 Volkswagen Touareg SUV VR6 FSI 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

It's more than what I expected in an SUV. I've owned GM all of my life, 4 to be fact, and I will never return to GM ever. This vehicle has so much power hidden under it's hood. I purchased with the 19" Wheels in December and never worried about getting stuck in the snow, in fact it seemed that I had total command of the road driving in 6" of slush and never once loss control. I looked at the Arcadia, Q7, Cheyenne and CX90 and my VW has them beat hands down in Price, Performance and Fuel Economy. 28 to 34 MPG on the highway, but only 12 in the city. After 12,000 miles in just under 6 months the gas I've saved while on the road has made a Huge impression on my GM Buddies.

Adaptive headlights, V-Tec Seats very comfortable and sturdy, Position of controls, Driver's side leg room.

Memory seating, Rear Cup holders, Alarm does sound from time to time when locking.