Used 2010 Volkswagen Tiguan Consumer Reviews

Used Tiguan for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
4.38 out of 5 stars

Almost perfect

Tim, 10/07/2010
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This is my first VW after owning over 25 new cars. Like quality of body build, feels solid. Interior is like Audi quality without the price. Seating is excellent as well as visibility. I am getting consistent 25 mpg combo hwy/city taking it easy with 6K miles to date. Only complaint is brake squeal when backing up after car sits a couple of hours. VW can't or won't resolve and it appears this is common with the brand. Talked with dealership and customer care -say brakes are to specifications so have a nice day. I told them how come I never had this problem with any other vehicles in the past. They say because you never owned a VW before. They make a nice product except for this issue.

3.75 out of 5 stars

2011 Tiguan 2.0L turbo rattles!!!

howieb38, 01/26/2011
S 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought this 2011 Tiguan because I also bought a 2010 VW Passat wagon. Unfortunately the Tiguan has an annoying rattle in the engine when ever I accelerate from a stop and cuts out at about 3000 RPM. I've had it to two dealers and they claim it's normal for the engine?? When I explain that I also own a 2010 Passat with the exact same engine and there's no rattle sound, they say "That is normal for this car". I can't believe that VW won't acknowledge that there's a problem. I would return it and buy another brand if I could, but after going back and forth with VW for three months, I'm stuck with this lemon. It's a $40,000 mistake. It's also the last VW I'll ever buy.

5 out of 5 stars

What a POS

Roque, 07/23/2015
SE 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD w/Leather (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We purchased the 2010 in 2012; we have had the radiator replaced (leak), intake manifold replaced (cracked) fuel injectors replaced, spark control modules replaced, motor replaced (blown) and two months after the motor was replaced, I now have an engine light code P2187. We give up, trading this POS in this weekend. VW should call this POS a lemon.

1 out of 5 stars
2 out of 5 stars
1 out of 5 stars

3.38 out of 5 stars

Major Disappointment-horrible in snow

gailspike, 03/23/2013
S 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My experience has been a disappointment. From the first month I have had miscellaneous electrical issues. Had the electronic parking brake stick numerous times, it took a couple visits to dealership to replace sensor. Another sensor is when closing the trunk the entire locking system freezing up- said it is a safety feature, nothing wrong with car??? Now gas gage issue...dual fuel sending units. Being a female I get the runaround unfortunately I have to bring my husband to get results. Plus I research VW Vortex with all the other disappointed owners. I had Toyota's for 30 years and NEVER had to bring them back for anything but general maintenance. I can't afford to trade it & buy ano

4.88 out of 5 stars

Great Small SUV, But you Pay for It!

RayBoyG, 11/03/2009
SEL 4Motion 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

We have only had our Tiguan a few weeks. My wife and I both love driving it. It has a high seating position, lots of headroom, and the full-length sunroof really makes it feel open. Acceleration with the turbo 4 is impressive. I found lots of small but pleasing features as I read through the owner's manual....rear seats adjust back and forth, front passenger seat will fold flat for long cargo, both front doors hold a quart bottle, etc. Lots of nice little features. Gas mileage could be better for a small 4-cyl. but it has more than enough pep. It is usually in front wheel drive....4WD only comes on with slippage...you can't manually turn it on. High end satellite radio is great.

12345...13