Used 2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

Review of my VW
By Gene Hardin

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Has a lot of room in the back seat area and good trunk space. Mileage is poor i the summer months.

VW. BUGGGGGSSSSSSS!!!!
By Betty Jones

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I really wish that I had never went to Volkswagen of Jackson, MS (Ritchie.com)! From the salesman all the way up to the GM’s, they were all liars! My car had problems before I even test drove it, and when I inquired about said problems, everybody was like, oh, “I don’t know “ or they omitted really important things. The car has electrical issues, starting/stopping issues, and a major recall that the dealership knew about BEFORE they showed it to me! DO NOT EVER BUY A VW, even with a warranty, because it will stay in the shop more than you can drive it!!!
UPDATE!! I found out that VW of Jackson, Mississippi committed fraud, so they would sell that car, and I just happened to be their next victim. Please, anybody looking for a vehicle,make sure you see with YOUR OWN EYES What the amount is LISTED as your income!!!!

A special Car
By Lars T.

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have the base model with a 5sp manual. The performance is good, especially on the highway. Gas tank, trunk and back seat are huge. I have gotten over 550 miles on a tank. I average about 37mpg on the highway and have gotten as high as 42mpg. about 27mpg overall. I typically drive 80-90mph on the highway, and mash the gas in the city. The car has a soft reasonably sporty ride that is good up to about 110mph. The roof in the back seat is a little low if you are 6'-3" but if you are 6'-2 or shorter it is fine. The manual is 60 pounds lighter off the nose of the car than the automatic and it changes the dynamics of the car and makes it quite a bit faster. I would avoid the V6 and the TDI because of the extra front end weight. The car is a unique blend of turbo high performance and good gas mileage in a large inexpensive sedan. No other car has the combination of features or comes with a turbo on the base model. I think it is loaded for a base model: Turbo engine, Auto up/down windows, auto headlights, decent seats with lumbar adjustment. I highly recommend as a manual gas model. Complaints are: 1) cannot put a roof rack on car. 2) No ski pass through on base model.

Great buy
By Bogy

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The fuel economy is superior and maintenance cost very low . We have 47K on the vehicle as of this review.

Would not lease again
By Alan Pedersen

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall the car was comfortable with a few exceptions. The brakes when applied normally seemed to grab too hard at slow speeds. The front passenger seat was too low and not adjustable for height. The windows would fog up when it rained. The A/C would come on as a remedy (poor design). Offered no help when we asked to turn in lease early. Went to Hyundai dealer and they took care of the remaining payments and mileage overage, rolled them into the new Hyundai Tucson lease at a reasonable rate. I received a Turn In Settlement Invoice with a charge for One (1) tire that was apparently below tread spec. Seems odd. And if the other 3 tires were in spec it would seem to me to be a good customer service decision to drop the charge. I called and VW was completely rigid regarding this. I'll never set foot in another VW dealership as a result of the poor customer service.