Used 2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Passat model:

A special Car
By Lars T.

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan S PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have the base model with a 5sp manual. The performance is good, especially on the highway. Gas tank, trunk and back seat are huge. I have gotten over 550 miles on a tank. I average about 37mpg on the highway and have gotten as high as 42mpg. about 27mpg overall. I typically drive 80-90mph on the highway, and mash the gas in the city. The car has a soft reasonably sporty ride that is good up to about 110mph. The roof in the back seat is a little low if you are 6'-3" but if you are 6'-2 or shorter it is fine. The manual is 60 pounds lighter off the nose of the car than the automatic and it changes the dynamics of the car and makes it quite a bit faster. I would avoid the V6 and the TDI because of the extra front end weight. The car is a unique blend of turbo high performance and good gas mileage in a large inexpensive sedan. No other car has the combination of features or comes with a turbo on the base model. I think it is loaded for a base model: Turbo engine, Auto up/down windows, auto headlights, decent seats with lumbar adjustment. I highly recommend as a manual gas model. Complaints are: 1) cannot put a roof rack on car. 2) No ski pass through on base model.

Great buy
By Bogy

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The fuel economy is superior and maintenance cost very low . We have 47K on the vehicle as of this review.

Would not lease again
By Alan Pedersen

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall the car was comfortable with a few exceptions. The brakes when applied normally seemed to grab too hard at slow speeds. The front passenger seat was too low and not adjustable for height. The windows would fog up when it rained. The A/C would come on as a remedy (poor design). Offered no help when we asked to turn in lease early. Went to Hyundai dealer and they took care of the remaining payments and mileage overage, rolled them into the new Hyundai Tucson lease at a reasonable rate. I received a Turn In Settlement Invoice with a charge for One (1) tire that was apparently below tread spec. Seems odd. And if the other 3 tires were in spec it would seem to me to be a good customer service decision to drop the charge. I called and VW was completely rigid regarding this. I'll never set foot in another VW dealership as a result of the poor customer service.

Love this car
By TJ

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've only had this car for a week but I'm in love. Purchased mine with under 33k miles. For the most part she rides like butter. It's taking some adjustment after driving 2 manuals for the last 11 years. This car isn't at all my usual style as I normally choose a smaller, sportier car. In fact, I purchased this is lieu of the Mazda3 I'd chosen. The power and room sold me. Pros: classic and elegant looking and VERY roomy. Feels high quality yet minimalist by design. Tech and navigation are simple and adequate. Great speakers. Cornsilk leatherette and nickel interior looks high end (mine is in minty condition 3 years later). Lots of features on my TSI SE. Fast! I leave people in the dust:) I don't see tons of these on the road unlike Kia and Hyundai. Cons: Seats lack padding and are not at all plush. MPG isn't as good as I thought it would be, though not too bad. Sport mode has choppy shifting and the tranny is quirky sometimes. Hate VW dealership customer service so far. Love this car and would recommend this non diesel version.

worse car ive ever had
By Ashley T

2015 Volkswagen Passat Sedan Wolfsburg Edition PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Last year in may 2016 we had an awful hail storm and unfortunately my favorite car got totaled from the hail up here in Billings Montana. Fortunately, my fiancé had a pick up for me to drive in the mean time while we look for a car. We are both Ford people and thought to go out of the norm for once when we saw this beautiful, classy fuel efficient car. For us there are a lot of pros and cons with this car mainly cons. My Wolfsburg car is very fast which I love, and handles very well. But I have had nothing but problem with this car, everything went fine till November. That's when my windshield wiper motor took a crap, it happen to be snowing and slushy out, with vehicles driving by me with their slush hitting my window. I tried to use my wind shield wipers with the fluid but no fluid was coming out and it was not clogged, so its was just brown snow smeared across the windshield and was unable to see, that was fun especially when I live 15 miles away. THEN 3 weeks later I start my car in the driveway due to it being 5 degrees out that morning with it dumping snow to warm up the car before I head into work. I get in and thought I forgot to turn on the heat/defrost. nope, the FRICKEN HEATER WENT OUT and it was 5 degrees outside. thankfully I took a shower that morning so that kept me warm along with the heated seats. the warmth of my body frosted the inside of the car and I had to scrap the windows on the INSIDE. that was also really fun!! not!! thankfully is was still had warranty left so I didn't have to pay for any of these issues. also dealing with our dealership in town is terrible, they treat you like your a burden and are disrespectful. and as of lately my seatbelt light keeps dinging at me while im driving, its staring to happen a lot. makes me feel like if I got in an accident the seatbelt would not work, I will be taking it in soon its just SO frustrating. I've heard nothing but good things about VW that's why we took the leap and went out of our nor.so I thought I would write a review to warn people about this car, I may have just gotten a bad car, they cant all be good right!?