Used 2008 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons
4.63 out of 5 stars

Great Car....

kaperej, 01/05/2013
Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Overall this is a really good German Engineering...although this Passat doesn't get the best MPG or is the cheapest it is the best for your money. The overall quality is very good and will last along time. The two years we have had our Passat we have only had one big issue. The engine cam had shattered and at high RPM..This costed $2700 and Volkswagen knew it was a problem but refused to pay for it. Other than that it has been a great car.

4.75 out of 5 stars

Das auto

mikmuk, 12/04/2011
Komfort 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Bought my 2008 CPO Passat with 30k miles about 6 months ago. Other then the headlight being replaced by dealer (under warranty) car is great. Luxury at an affordable price. People often look and say what kind of car is that. Very nice! The difference in the Passat is it is built in Deutchland (Germany) not Mexico like several other VW's. Now the 2012 Passat is manufactured in VW's new Tennessee plant. I am sure the folks from Tenn. will do just fine. Love the car and the 33 MPG we get.

3.88 out of 5 stars

2008 Passat wagon 2.0T

passatpilot, 12/25/2009
Komfort 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Focuses on differences with 2001-2005 model: Pluses: - Better handling, more handsome car overall -Great engine, quieter at high rpms -interior design, controls improved with few minuses mode" and wheel controls. -good overall size for a 4 people, cargo room on par with many SUVs -sophisticated 6sp auto with "sport mode Minuses: -Cheap "Golf/Jetta" platform has no sophisticated suspension from old A4,car bounces up and down with wider 16/18" tires -much louder at highway speed then the old model -driving position is less comfortable (higher chair position) -unrefined truck like idle engine sound -some cheaper interiors and controls -less fun to drive, lots of electronics -no manual brake

4.75 out of 5 stars

08 VW Passat Komfort 2.0 Turbo

randy, 10/19/2010
Komfort 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The care had few problems that were covered under the waranty: replaced steering column, transmission sensor, air conditioning replaced. Because the warranty covered these items we saved $10,000 in fix up costs. Despite these problems, the car has been reliable once the initial issues have been adressed. The design is great and the car has a lot of nice features. Drove it cross county in the mountains and it held up I like the look of the car. My wife tells me to get rid of the care now that the warranty is out because it is a Lemon, but I tell her now that the dealer paid 10,000 to fix everything on the car nothing else will break. Just bought out the lease and time will tell who is right

4.5 out of 5 stars

Burns Oil

rrosborough, 12/05/2011
Turbo 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my Passat brand new off the show room floor. I was thrilled to have this car. It looked good, ran good, and for the first 50,000 miles I didn't have any problems. Then I began to realize that it burns oil ridiculously. I took it in to have the dealership run an oil consumption test, and of course they said it was fine. Told me it burns 1qt of oil for every 1,200 miles. So I had the option of not driving my car as much, getting oil changes sooner, or just plain ol adding oil. Either way it really sucks. Took the joy of my car away from me. I'm pleased with it, but I don't like having to keep up with the oil consumption, adding oil, or changing oil more frequently.

12345...26