Used 2008 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons
4.25 out of 5 stars

fast and smooth

NYC, 07/01/2009
VR6 4Motion 4dr Wagon AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Never had a VW before. Very happy so far. Unexpected power from this VR6. Very fast off the line, great cornering and smooth when cruising at highway speeds. Love the sport styled "old school" seats- extremely comfortable and roomy and I'm 6'2". Excellent quality, fit & finish, great dash and overall cabin design. Lots of storage too.

3.75 out of 5 stars

Oil Burner

jimmydean, 07/14/2009
Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have driven this car 10,000 miles now. Changed the oil at 5,000 miles. At 9,200 miles the Stop Engine light comes on while driving. Check the stick and the engine was bone dry. Check engine light never came on. Brought to dealer and told it is normal to burn a quart every 1k miles. Dealer will not admit to engine problem. Now doing "oil consumption study". At 10,100 miles has burned another quart of synthetic oil. What kind of company is VW if it will not fix problems when presented with one. I feel totally ripped off having bought this lemon.

4.88 out of 5 stars

Former Toyota owner

Joey nash, 06/27/2010
Komfort 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I am reluctant to sing praises just yet. As a former Toyota owner, I expect a lot out of my vehicles in terms of reliability. I did not expect to buy a VW, but in keeping a promise to my daughter, I let her pick. We bought the car and afterward, I searched the internet for opinions (backwards, I know). After the initial panic, I have realized that most of the reviews on any car are negative, since people with no gripe tend not to bother at all. That said, if this car gives me no problems mechanically, it will be my all time favorite. I did not know anybody made a car that got 30 mpg+ and would go fast. Fun to drive and the design seems to be well thought out. Feels like a fighter plane.

4.88 out of 5 stars

EXCELLENT CAR!

fausto123, 04/11/2012
Lux 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've had my Passat for about a couple months now and I absolutely couldn't be happier, the ride is super smooth even on rougher surfaces, its packed with features and full of space. The transmission shifts very smoothly and road noise is very minimal considering mine has the larger tires and wheels. The cabin feels very upscale, I enjoy that it has an auto hold brake feature, heated seats, and the 6 disc CD changer works flawlessly. The only negative is the chrome trim used around the windows, they oxidized rather quickly and in my opinion VW needs to improve the quality of that material. Besides that the car drives and handles like a dream !

4.75 out of 5 stars

It's a Keeper!

digdoug78, 05/25/2015
Lux 4dr Wagon w/Prod. End 02/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I've enjoyed this car from the first time I drove it. I picked it up used. The previous owner put 18's and dropped it about an inch. Low but not too low. Drives nice. Good power getting on the highway, passing, easily cruise at 80+. Controls are easy and intuitive. You can do everything but brake from the steering wheel! You can change from radio to cd to aux from the wheel! You can speed up and slow down, from the wheel! You can turn on wipers, check fuel, driving range, real time mpg, direction, from the freakin' wheel! The seats are super comfortable. I'm 6' and I have tons of room. The paddle shifters can be fun to use. Used properly, really fun to use. This is a keeper!

12345...26