Used 2008 Volkswagen Passat Consumer Reviews

Used Passat for Sale
Select your model:
12345...26

Pros
Cons
3.25 out of 5 stars

Less Quality

OK Wagon, 10/05/2008
Turbo 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Traded my 2003 VW Passat GLX for a 2008 VW Turbo Wagon. The 2008 does not have the same quality feel as the 2003 had. The sheet metal seems much lighter and the hinges seem lighter. Hood padding is very light. I'm sorry I didn't buy the loaded version but at around $41,000 I thought I should just buy the cheaper one. I miss some of the bells and whistles. Radio sounds good but the controls are small and the display hard to see. Cruise Control lever too close to Turn Signal control which causes you to hit by mistake.Having trouble with fuel gauge,been back for repair twice and still not fixed.

4 out of 5 stars

So far a good value for me

Schooder, 01/27/2016
Turbo 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought this car used at a dealer.7/2015 I live at 7000' above sea level and occasionally drive to 5400' (New Mexico) This is important to understand reference to performance. The 4 cylinder Turbo accelerates nicely at this altitude. It accelerates close to or better that my 2006 Toyota 4runner V8. I wanted to change the shifter handle for esthetic reasons and ended up damaging a small piece of plastic and ended up with a $1100 repair bill the replace the entire shifter module which had to remove from the bottom of the vehicle. The makers obviously was not intending this to be removed, so be careful if you want to change out the leather shift handle. I really like the way the windows operate. Typical German engineering, all the windows come up/down with one touch instead of just the driver door. There is a full size spare tire. The cruise control works great, one button push is all that is needed. And accelerates good. I bought it at 76,000 and now has 86,000 miles(1/2016). I think the ride could be smoother. I wonder if different tires would help. I think VW has always been a poor man's Audi. It doesn't feel as solid as or as smooth on the road as smooth as A4s I have owned.

4.75 out of 5 stars

VW Passat 4 Motion

bogolf, 11/26/2010
VR6 4Motion 4dr Sedan AWD (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

Great vehicle for family and fun, powerful V6 with 4 motion traction. Make me anxious for the snow to fall. Nice interior, handles great, a bit large for my taste but I have a family so must compromise a bit.

4 out of 5 stars

Pass on the left, if you can!

Doug, 08/19/2015
VR6 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 6A)

When merging on to the highway, this car is like a thoroughbred race horse jumping out of the gate. Left signal on, metal down, take to the express lane and hit cruise at 82. Slow down for the inevitable traffic delays with the left (-) paddle shifter & open the sunroof if it is a nice day. The sound system will easily drown out anyone else's sound system. I bought this car for its' storage. Right away it needed: igniters, fuel pump, axle, alignment, brakes, lights. Timing belt broke two weeks after dealer "inspected" it. Now, with rebuilt engine, performs like new. Body & paint are in great shape. Glass is all like new. Plastic body panels require ArmorAll. For an "old" car, the design is still fresh. Turns heads wherever I go. Blacked out all the chrome & lowered it, with some 18's.

3 out of 5 stars

4 out of 5 stars

Wish the execution was better.

squashpup, 08/08/2013
Lux 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 01/08 (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The car itself, in everyday use, is great. Comfortable, good power, good gas mileage, styling is excellent inside and out, roomy, sporty handling, fun to drive with a good feel on the road.

12345...26