Used 2017 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

a tree retired my Honda Pilot, now a Jetta SE fits

Chuck On Cars, 11/18/2016
1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I combined the Pilot insurance money with selling my Miata and now I'm set with a 2017 Jetta SE. Jus the right size and great gas mileage. Sanibel white with a sunroof and heat seats. 6-speed automatic gets me from point A to B in plenty of style.

Happy So Far

David, 12/21/2017
1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I've had now for about 3K miles. I came out of '15 Jetta TDI 6 speed manual. My '17 is not as peppy, but no surprise. Still adequate pep. I like the fuel economy. Great comfortable ride on the Interstate. Quite a bit of noise with sunroof open. So, will have to get a deflector. I love having satellite radio. I very much like the SE upgrades from the S. This vehicle is a great overall value, in my opinion.

Great Car!

Tom, 12/23/2017
1.4T S 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

The Jetta S reminds me of my first car, VW Rabbit. Basic car, basic technology, but a hell of a lot of fun to drive.

Great sales car

Spencer, 02/05/2020
1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

Use this primarily for sales trips (4+ hrs highway) and as daily driver. Average over 40 mpg on highway up to 40k...had slight drop at 42k, changed spark plugs and back to over 40. Great legroom in back for taking customers to lunch, large trunk. At the price (15k OTD for SE) is a great deal. HATE the pleather seats as it’s hot and sticky on long drives but that’s only negative. Fun to drive, especially with manual.

New-to-Me SE 5spd MT

Colleen S. , 10/18/2020
1.4T SE 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I recently found myself in the market for a new-to-me vehicle after my 05 Accord EX was totaled. I was very salty about my car so suddenly being removed from my possession due to no fault of mine, but what really made me angry was that my Accord was rare (5spd MT, leather, 6 disc, moonroof, etc.). It was incredibly challenging to find something that could fill the shoes of my Accord, and despite looking for several weeks at all of the brands, new and used, I kept returning to the Jetta. This particular model was the single car in its class that came with everything I was wanting and at a very reasonable price: MT, moonroof, (faux) leather and heated seats, and a CD player. Now, I know the Jetta has a lot of great features like Sirius and BT from which music can be streamed, but I live in the country and do a lot of country commuting for work; internet simply isn't consistent and therefore I wanted to be sure I bought a car I could always play great music in. I was a little hesitant to purchase because of the Consumer Reports reviews and things I'd heard about reliability with previous models, but I found a CPO w/ 20,000 miles on that came from the dessert. The test drive was great. The turbo was very responsive and the torque is certainly noticeable. The Jetta is a fun car to drive, especially for those who like to accelerate quickly. I took the car for a weekend run and had a really consistent experience. I discovered the Consumption gauge and was shocked to see MPGs in the 50s and up, often. Now having had the car for a few weeks, I am still surprised by how good the mileage is, even at highway speeds. Not just that, but having the miles-to-empty range is a really useful feature. And the trunk is HUGE. Every time I look back there, I'm shocked; it's much deeper and taller even than the trunk in my Accord was. The deep rubber floor mats are great at catching leafy debris and water from shoes. The cup holders are in a great spot. I also really appreciate the sliding arm rest and the contour of the driver's seat; unlike other compact sedans, the Jetta's seat is not dramatically flared out so it doesn't push my shoulder out at an uncomfortable angle. I am a small person and fit very snuggly into the seat. Body lean is minimal, too. Steering is tight and responsive. The clutch even has a really nice weight; not a marshmallow like a lot of other models. The Jetta SE is very similar to my Accord and is more than simply a suitable replacement. I am very happy with this purchase thus far.

12345...13