Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 55 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Ex Japanese buyer now German....
By cube69

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my first car that wasn't Japanese but I'm very happy I made the switch.
The Jetta has more room than any other in its class.
The doors close with a solid thud to let you know the difference in the quality and fit and finish of this car compared to others.
The Jetta feels solid on the road with no excessive road noise like my Honda.
I like the design of the Jetta which I feel will last with time.
My next car will be VW, I like German engineering and safety.

Heated seats, styling and touch screen stereo.

Gear ratio on take off.

Lease or get an extended warranty
By klamp80

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have about 24,000 miles on my car. My engine light came on the other day and I am also having some electrical issues. The speakers fade in and out depending on whether I have the heat on or if I open a window. It's strange but not shocking since I know they are notorious for electrical problems.
Up until now, I haven't had any issues with the car. Overall I don't dislike the car. The pickup is okay, I feel that it's a comfortable ride, and it handles well for me in terms of performance.

Loved it at first, not so sure now.
By kmck

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I posted a review previously (titled EXCELLENT car but not with a few caveats) and I've had a few issues in the year and a half since I've bought it. First, door seals were terrible and made squeaky noises and took 3 visits to fix. Alignment went awry and now my whole car vibrates and makes a loud noise when braking -- and I'm not even remotely a heavy-footed driver/braker. One of my window switches is loose, and the driver seat makes a clicking noise when going over bumps. I bought a new car so I could stay out of the service area for a while, what the heck VW?

I still think the overall value is great, but not if problems keep arising. Regardless of how minor they are, I think having so many issues up front is not a very good sign of a reliable car. It makes me wonder where I'm going to be left in a year when my basic warranty expires.

Build quality needs to be improved upon. Doors on brand new cars should not creak, brakes should not be making the car vibrate at only 13k miles, and buttons should not be coming loose in the car. The maps feature is still pretty awful and I hope they're able to make an update to the system soon.

All of them pull right from engine torque force
By luisdiaz

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Every time you accelerate the engine torque pulls car to right side all the time very annoying and every other driver I talk to says same thing. Ive had my 2011 jetta for 11 months now and I can't get rid of it because I loose $4000 I had tested the demo and it pulled right but the salesman convinced me it was out of alignment but my new car does same. Buyer be ware of this front engine torque forcing car to drive to right side I will never buy a jetta as long as I live

Love my Jetta!
By alexx52093

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my '11 Jetta SE with Conveniance/Sunroof at the end of July of 2011. I have a 120 mile round trip commute to and from school every weekend and I also deliver pizza's 3 nights a week. I have just under 10k miles on it and haven't had a single problem, despite the heavy usage! However, 2 months after I bought the car, I was rear-ended at a red light by a car going 40mph. The safety on this Jetta is remarkable! The rear end was completely obliterated, but everything that was in my trunk remained secure and unbroken. No glass shattered, and NOTHING penetrated the interior cabin! I walked out of it with nothing but a cut fingernail from hitting the steering wheel. This is the car to buy!