Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons
4.88 out of 5 stars

Happy used VW buyer

Scott, 01/18/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought the 08 SE on E-bay exactly 1 year ago this week and am thrilled with my purchase. The car was auctioned off after a theft recovery and I was very apprehensive about buying a used car on-line, but have had zero regrets since my purchase. The VW handles great and looks brand new with only 12,400 mi. at purchase. I now have 23K miles and have only had oil change and tire rotations performed by the local dealer. Just wish the SE had full power seats for easier adjustment (not just pwr recline). Consistently getting 21- 24mpg mixed city/hwy and best mileage of 27mpg highway only on trip to Austin,TX without AC on cruising at 65.

5 out of 5 stars

A Great Car for an even better price

Josh, 02/02/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Wife purchased the Jetta back in 2007. Has accumulated many miles on it since (currently on 45k and running strong). Family trips to the mountains, daily driving, and long work commutes, this car has handled all of it beautifully. Reliability has been amazing and I (the husband) love how it holds 6.5 quarts of oil (though the filter is a pain to change), we can easily run nearly 10k miles on a change with good synthetic oil. Looking at purchasing an Audi now to add to our German family. Highly recommend to anyone: single wanting a sporty car, newly weds looking to expand, or the family looking for a safe and reliable vehicle. This is a truly multi purpose vehicle.

4.88 out of 5 stars

loved my vw jetta se

bijoupali, 03/04/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I've owned a 2008 VW jetta se for one year. I absolutely loved it. It's comfortable. It's fun to drive. It's reliable. The interior is very roomy and sexy. The exterior is also pretty. I drove the car in icy weather and it had very good control. The esp in it actually does work and makes it easy to regain control if you do begin to lose control. The only downfall to this car that I can remember is that the mpg isn't nearly as good as VW says it is. It's closer to 24/25 mpg not the 32/33 mpg that they advertise. Overall, it's a great car and worth every Penny. I'm actually about to buy another one, because I absolutely loved it.

4.75 out of 5 stars

I <3 my Jetta

jsqaured, 07/01/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased this car used in April 2009 with 14k mileage. I've put about 11k on it since then and LOVE the car! I test drove so many cars from Civic, Corolla, Prius and Hyundai. I didn't want a jetta due to reliability concerns - but I decided to test drive one for fun and FUN it was!! This car is solid, I feel very safe and for the same price point as the others, it wasn't a comparison. The other cars felt like cheap plastic compared to this! I have no complaints about it after over a year. Well, gas mileage, but I knew that would be lower and I only put 10k miles/yr tops on my car anyway, so it wasn't a big issue for me.

4.25 out of 5 stars

Love it, hate it

vincef329, 07/11/2010
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

2 years into my 3 year lease on my salsa red SE Jetta/auto now, 26,000 mi. I still love driving the Jetta and enjoy everyday commuting. The interior has worn well but mechanically and the paint have suffered. At one year old the car had a PCU failure and spent a week in the shop, VW reimbursed my partially for the rental. The red paint is very poor quality, chips off constantly. Finding the power through the electronic pedal and the mush transmission can be a challenge. If I had bought this car I would be very mad about the paint. I probably will not buy another VW. With so many nagging common issues, I'm disappointed that VW can't get it together and fix them and really have a great car.

12345...34