Used 2008 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

Used Jetta for Sale
Select your model:
12345...34

Pros
Cons
3.75 out of 5 stars

Thanks God i am leasing it

Nothappy, 04/11/2008
S 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Maybe I am the only unlucky one of the group, but my car has developed rattling noises everywhere, brakes are not like they were when car was new and I do have only 3k miles, unfortunately. I come from a corolla with 130k miles. No other word to describe it but solid from a to z. I really wants to see the Jetta with that quantity of miles on it to see what is left.

2.75 out of 5 stars

Better Check your oil

SAAB 4 Life , 11/17/2008
Wolfsburg Edition 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I HAD a 2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg 2.0 turbo DSG yada yada yada this engine burns oil. Just type in VW oil consumption on any search engine and read to your hearts content. Because I change oil at 5000, then checked oil at 9500 and it was down too the add mark. No leaks either, ever wonder why the exhaust tips are so sooty.

5 out of 5 stars

Love My Jetta

John Dugan, 08/11/2008
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Wonderful car. Almost 2,000 miles on it with no problems at all. The car handles and performs well and still delivers relatively good fuel mileage. I have been averaging 27 mph combined city/highway. The car is a great balance of handling, performance and comfort. I find myself looking forward to just getting in the car to drive it. It is great for zipping around in the city and it is also comfortable on the highway. I think Volkswagen really did a nice job with this car.

4.13 out of 5 stars

Ok, but watch for back brakes

chordsnstrums, 06/19/2009
SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

The Jetta is a good car, but...BEWARE of the rear disc brakes/pads. They become extremely noisy! Like a big rig with squeaky brakes. I just shelled out $256 on new brakes at 14K miles. VW corp offered no assistance (2,200 miles out of warranty). Their stance is that everyone's brakes wear out at different rates. The CSR on the phone is the final say...there is no supervisor you can speak with. I've never heard of them wearing out at 14K miles. The underlying cause: Parking brake out of adjustment. Now who would have thought to check the brake cable on a brand new car? Other than that, drives fine, looks good, handles great.

3.63 out of 5 stars

Dud Airbags

jettaistoast, 02/13/2011
SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased this car thinking it's safety features were outstanding. Not so much. Icy roads sent me into a guard rail head first then spun around and slammed into my driver's side... at 35-40mph. No steering wheel airbag deployment... No side airbag deployment. The metal in the car crumpled like tin foil and all of it's plastic parts shattered like glass. Two weeks later I recieved a letter in the mail stating the transmission was being recalled and the winshield wiper plastic was cutting into the fuel lines causing them to leak. I purchased this car with cash... I should have gone on vacation instead.

12345...34