2020 Volkswagen Jetta GLI Consumer Reviews

$26,245

Save as much as $2,541
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Phenomenal!!!

MrNord, 05/12/2020
Autobahn 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Something like this only comes around in the industry once every few years. VW nailed it with the new GLI. The fun factor is off the charts, especially in this price range. They struck a perfect balance between sporty and luxury, practical and exciting. Except for adding vents and a couple of USB ports in the rear seat area there isn’t anything I would change about this vehicle. If you are in the market for a sporty sedan do yourself a favor and check out the VW GLI.

Everything you could want

Javel123, 04/16/2020
Autobahn 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

I love my new gli autobahn it's fun to drive and also great on gas I avg 40mpg in eco mode and when I want to have a little fun sport mode gives the car that extra power

All the Tech You need & Fun to Drive

JTT, 05/13/2020
Autobahn 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 7AM)

Alot of reviews say the interior is and tech is behind but that is incorrect. The 2020 Autobahn gives you plenty of it tech you need in a performance sedan and unlike the others in the segment there are ZERO rattles on the interior and cabin is silent down highway. It is what made me choose the GLI over over all the others I test drove.

Ad
Build Your Jetta GLI
At a Glance:
  • 5 Colors
  • 2 Trims
  • $27,145starting MSRP

Cheap Audi, but with a manual!!!

JC, 11/09/2020
Autobahn 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I have owned 7 VW’s so full disclosure, I am slightly biased. That said, I have driven the competition and, as usual, nothing really compares to a VW for the money. As at least one other reviewer stated, the tech is totally fine. They did cheap out in the back, but that’s one of the reasons it’s roughly $6000 cheaper than a comparable Gti. The Gti by the way, does handle better, but at the expense of being able to have two full size adults travel in the back seat, which I really needed. Plus more space in the trunk. The adjustable suspension is awesome and really does make a big difference between the soft and sport settings. The Gli is actually pretty fast, and my recommendation, immediately replace the Falken tires. I unfortunately, was stuck with the all season touring tires, which are truly terrible in all conditions. I replaced them at 900 miles with Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires. Yes, they are $80 or so dollars more than the Falkens, and easily worth every penny. In fact, regardless of what you drive, put the Pilot Sport 4S’s on in the summer, transformative experience. I always use dedicated winter tires. The brakes really are phenomenal, with great feel! And with the Michelin’s on there, you can pretty much do what you want. Gas mileage on the highway is easily mid 30’s. It is hard to keep off the gas though on back roads. It is truly an attractive, fairly quick, excellent handling and reasonably priced, small German sports sedan that you can get with a manual! And it is worth it! The Honda is a great car, but it’s not the same. Nothing drives like a German car. This one is no exception.

Better than expected

JohnnyK, 05/06/2020
Autobahn 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

Love my GLI! Glad VW still offer cars with a stick. Not only is comfortable to drive it’s fun to drive. With the turbo it’s got Way more power than I expected, fun when it kicks in. 33mpg rated on the highway is a huge understatement! I’m getting closer to 38. So much fun to drive!