Used 2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel Consumer Reviews - 12 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Golf model:

Great car
By Howie

2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Got my '15 TDI S used with just under $14K miles. Far less than a new one. Drove the manual first and it wasn't bad but the DSG feels faster and easier to keep in the power band. Plus it shifts really quick. Golf TDI is a joy to drive. Handles great, awesome torque, very good acceleration. Never feels underpowered. I average about 34-35mpg overall with not much highway and I don't baby it. I'd get much better mileage if I drove it more conservatively. The S model has everything I need. Stock stereo is very good. Headlights are just OK. Black leatherette can cause a sweaty back on long drives. May get a sheepskin seat cover. But this car is built like an Audi. It's like a tank. I don't notice the cheaper suspension either. Feels similar to my '14 Jetta which has the upgraded rear supension. The steering in the Golf is better though and it handles a little better. No regrets.

WOW WOW WOW
By james hoyt

2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I purchase used from Carvana, they delivered to my door for free with a full tank of fuel.The car was one owner Calf car off of 3 year lease.I have purchase NEW cars that were not as PERFECT as this one ! 100% AAA+++

TDI Golf
By Eobert W Bahnsen

2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have owned and operated diesel Golf and Jetta vehicles since 1984; with great pleasure. I'll not purchase another. My local dealership is and has been wonderful; the people are excellent, and as frustrated as I. VW corporate should be, well never mind. My last purchase was a TDI Golf, part of the diesel issue. Volkswagen corporate is making it very, very frustrating. They have wasted my time, the dealerships time, and fuel/maintenance costs. I do not have an opinion if they designed the "clean up" of their lies to be near impossible to resolve for the consumer or not. Personally, I've never experienced a more drawn out, inflexible, or frustrating process.

Superb car
By Sasha

2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

It is very sad that there would be no TDI again in USA! What’s wrong with US?

Best car I ever owned. It will be my last
By Edmonds VW review

2015 Volkswagen Golf Diesel TDI S 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

2015 VW Golf, DSG TDi Tungsten Silver. Stunning MPG. My best trip was 61.1 MPG going over, and 58.5 coming back. Excellent handling. Hugs the road, with no "over steering" on lane changes. Easy entering and exiting doors. Air conditioner is cold in seconds. However Heater takes a little time to warm up! Auto trans is a dream. Great resale value. Torque for passing is outstanding. I bought mine in 2015 (July). Dealers are now selling *new* 2015s, but I would not get one of those, as some were *stored* in abusive conditions. via the "stop sale" of VWDIESELGATE.-- VW has done buy backs on GEN 3 (MK7 - GOLF) , and are available. But the best of the lot will be private owners who may be selling their used units. If you can fine one with the emissions modification, it comes with a 11 year 162,000 mile VW warranty. 100% transferable to all new owners. IMO, best warranty on the planet. My local dealer (staff) are professional and friendly. ~~ UP-DATE for EDMONDs Still the best car I ever owned. via dieselgate, I can sell it back to VW for $25,625 (more than I paid for it.) or do the "fix."I have (approx) 8 months to make a choice. HARD CHOICE. My car is perfect for me. And low mileage, prime condition, TDi used VW are holding great NADA-KBB values.