Used 2012 Volkswagen CC Consumer Reviews

Used CC for Sale
Select your model:
12345...10

Pros
Cons

Owned SAAB Turbos - CC Much Much Better

chowchow, 06/12/2011
R-Line 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Having drivern Mercedes and Audis, the CC compares very favorably to both in terms of ride, handling performance and interior features but it tops both in terms of uniqueness and looks and affordability/value. If you are in the market for a Audi A 4 or a Merceders Benz C Class - and you do not care about the emblem on your ride - this car blends looks, ride, comfort and performance. The 2.0 turbo coupled with the DSG auto is far better than any SAAB turbo - I owned a 99 SAAB 9-5 2.3 LPT and a 99 SAAB 9.3 2.0 and while the 9-3 was fun to drive - it rode like a pick-up truck and offered few lux amentiies and while the 9-5 offered a refined ride and lux amenities, it was not much fun.

CC burns oil

oldlawyer, 09/19/2012
Sport PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I have had this car for 13 months and was enjoying its ride comfort, power and fuel economy when I discovered that it was burning oil at about 15,000 miles. I complained and VW tested it then confirmed that it is burning 0.29 quarts every 1000 miles which translates to 2.9 quarts between recommended change intervals. VW says that is okay, but automotive engineers state that it is evidence of an engine defect. The car is a marvel in many ways, but watch out for the oil burning: VW does not disclose this to buyers until after they have bought the car which I think is a bit sleazy.

Nearly 80k miles, and a new issue everyday.

wscott1, 11/09/2014
Lux 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I bought the car about 2 years ago as a commuter vehicle, and after putting over 50k miles on this car, I can confidently say this is one of the worst cars I've ever owned. The speedometer is 5 mph off (something VW told me was acceptable in their vehicles), the trunk opens when putting the car into gear unless you lock the doors before hand, the car idles incredibly rough when first started, the small engine paired with a turbo makes pulling out into any sort of traffic a game of roulette (due to the lag before the engine responds to the gas pedal), and the air conditioner sensors have gone out twice. The list continues, but the point is this is my first and last VW.

Sexy, Sporty, Upscale & Affordable, A Home Run!

starman11746, 01/09/2012
Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

Owned a 2009 Jetta & a 2000 Passat. Loved the Passat liked the Jetta. This 2012 CC is in a league of its own. The special lease program with the sign & drive $0 across the board sucked me in. Then there were additional incentives. I took it home for test drive, impressed with the turbo 4 banger, smooth. responsive, quiet. The interior is real sweet...two tone bucket seats, analog clock, heated seats,6 cd changer,+ more. Elegant and impressive. This is the entry model! VW has a hit...why no visual advertising? It's certainly a lot for the money & not a niche car.

Great looking car

Jeffery, 09/21/2016
Lux Plus 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6AM)

I am a tall man (6'6") and have no problems with entering or exiting the car. There is plenty of leg room for a tall person like myself in the front seats but there is no leg room in the back seats with the front seats all the way back. That is no concern for me as I don't ever expect to have passengers in the rear seats. I took my first long trip of 90 miles the other day and was quite pleased with the ride comfort. Acceleration is very impressive both on the highway and on city streets. Putting the transmission in sport mode really adds some aggressiveness to the driving experience. The interior of the car almost screams luxury with its high-quality materials and quality construction and the exterior profile of the car allows it to feel right at home being parked next to vehicles that are priced several if not tens of thousands of dollars more. UPDATE: It's been a year since I bought my CC and I am still as impressed with it as the day I bought it. I did an unexpected 1800 mile round trip with 3 adult males and the person in the back seat was pleasantly surprised at the comfort of the ride back there. I averaged 28.5 mpg on that trip while cruising between 80 and 85 mph.

12345...10