Used 2001 Volkswagen Cabrio Consumer Reviews

Used Cabrio for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Love this car!

kalba, 07/11/2011
GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago with 100,000 miles on it expecting that with mileage like that, it may need some maintenance and repairs. I have driven it about 17000 miles and all I have had to do is change the oil and give her a tune up. It really hasn't given me any major trouble and it is so much fun to drive. My advice would be to shop carefully and find one that appears to have been well taken care of. I looked at at least 10 of these before I chose this one. It seems to be one of those cars that young drivers beat the heck out of and can't or don't take care of them properly so there are a lot of used/abused cabbies out there. But when you find a good one, grab it. You won't regret it

Awesome!

Designs11, 10/18/2009
GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is great! It gets great gas mileage, the CD player doesn't skip, the truck is pretty roomy for a small car, and easy to park/maneuver. I bought this car used, but it only had one owner who had all the routine maintenance preformed on time at a VW dealership, so I'm loving it!! There are no mechanical problems and it has almost 70k miles on it now. Great car for the money!! (And it's cute!)

Buyer be mindfull it's 10 yrs old

catk2, 09/26/2011
GLS 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

I've had my car for 5 years just paid it off a year ago. Now the problems have started. Everything was wonderful, at first. 3 days before christmas the window fell down and i couldn't bring it back up.The cost to fix it was $500. My starter gets stuck sometimes i have not fixed it yet it will cost me $450. Now this week my air went out and it cost me $650. Then the back window came off the convertible and no one can just fix it, i need a new top and window which is going to cost me $1400. Very bad week. I love my car but its costing me a lot right now and i wonder what will break next?

DON'T BUY VW!

Junker!!!, 12/21/2007
GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a hate-hate relationship w/this car. It was my dream car. Has given me problems since the day I bought it. If I hadn't bought it used it would probably classify for the Lemon Law. Catalytic converter, O2 sensor, engine light has been on, air bag light has been on. The latest is the coolant leak. I will never buy another VW EVER again. I probably wouldn't take one even if someone gave me one for free!! It has cost me thousands of dollars to keep it running and I only drive it 10000 miles a year. Can't wait to get rid of it.

Don't Buy This Car

Never Again, 11/29/2009
GLX 2dr Convertible (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'll never buy a Volkswagen again. Door handles, glove box, knobs falling off/melting, even though handles have been replaced 3 times. Ditto for random indicator lights and windows that go up and down whenever. Worst though, are the tie rods. First replaced when car was 3ish. Four years later, we're sitting in a hotel 4 hours from home waiting o/n for new TRs to be delivered tomorrow b/c car is un-drivable - at a total cost of $1K for hotel, rental car and repair. And we'll have to drive back in a week to pick up the car once it's fixed. Car sits in garage 9 of 10 days and is used only for highway miles, so our driving not at fault. Our mechanics unanimously agree car is total crap.

12345...8