Used 2003 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews - 156 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Toyota Tundra Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tundra model:

Klubweb
By Klubweb

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

As of 6-11-2018 I have over 387,000 miles on this truck. It’s been virtuality trouble free except for the usual maintenance (I.e., I’ll change, brakes, timing belt etc). My only complaint about buying a new Toyota is that they haven’t redesigned the truck in years.

2003 Tundra 5-Speed Long Bed Base Model
By Brian Patterson

2003 Toyota Tundra 2dr Regular Cab Rwd LB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

Found this 5-speed at a questionable car lot and was amazed at its condition and price (people don't buy manuals anymore). Very clean inside with no damage or stains in upholstery. Drives beautifully - plenty of room to stretch out in the mid-size cab. Excellent steering and braking. Excellent power too out of the V6 with great gas mileage. The long bed is preferred for hauling building materials, soils, gravel and anything else. Added a shift lever extension for more comfy gear changes and a pair of rear 6X9 5-way Pioneer speakers to a Sony digital player for awesome sound. Bought a new grille to color match the body color and a set of same year alloy factory wheels - it's a Deluxe Base model now! At 185k miles, this first gen Tundra is just another example of Toyota's reliability and quality.

ZZAAAP
By LYNNETTE ALLISON

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Be sure the battery in the truck will hold a charge before you leave the dealership.

Keeps on truckin
By Steve R.

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab SR5 Rwd SB (3.4L 6cyl 5M)

322,077 miles and counting! Best truck I ever owned!
Steve R.

270000 and still towing 5000lbs+
By Brian

2003 Toyota Tundra 4dr Access Cab Limited Rwd SB (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

I got my tundra used for a pricey $9000 from a toyota dealer. It had 230000 miles on it and drove like new. Never had the suspension replaced and it still settles instantly after bumps. The rear suspension was a bit weak for loads so I bought larger bottom out guards and I'm they keep my ride level while towing and with full loads. Tows my travel 23 ft travel trailer and it could have more power but I can't ask much of its 7000 load max. I do all my matinance on the truck myself and it is very easy to work on. Lots of space and so far I've only had to do matinance of filters and fluids. Except for the center drive shaft bearing which its rubber mounts were ripped and sagging. It was easly fixed by replacing with a used drive shaft from a parts yard for understanding $100, of course I did it myself and didn't have to pay for shop time. It's been to burning man once and was used as a work truck there, and cleaned up nicely. I have a performance computer, a tow computer and a dash cam. I get great mpg even while towing for a v8. The tailgate latch just broke on my because so much dust got in the mechanismshop it froze and instead of lubing ithe I just went hard and broke the plastic handle right off! Of course now it works great since I lubed it but that's a bumer, the truck was immaculate before that. The limited interior is great and the speaker are great sounding. I have to use a cassette auxiliary adapter so it messes with my quality a bit but it's all good. Drives like new, looks cute and sexy while still keeping a sence of beastly truck. I love dews truck and intend to reach 300000 with no problems. Daily driver as of now but soon I will have a little car for small things.