2017 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 121 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2017 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Waited all my life for a Tacoma
By Debby

2017 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Limited 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have had my truck now for a year and a half. This review is for a 2017 Toyota Tacoma Limited SB with a folding bed cover and leather interior. I took a 2 week road trip last year and the truck is so comfortable and GPS was fantastic. My 92 year old aunt is able to get in and out of my truck with little assistance. The temperature control is very good. Great heater, great air conditioner. No mechanical issues. Backseat passengers report it's very roomy and comfortable. I'm super happy with my truck.

2017 Tacoma limited
By Mark

Don't recommend

Happy Tacoma Owner
By Susan

2017 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab SR5 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The tacoma is comfortable but basic. Mine has no extra bells and whistles which is what I like. It is easy to drive and sometimes forget that I'm driving a truck!

TOP NOTCH TOYOTA
By SAM KIMBALL

2017 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab TRD Off Road 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Great truck. Truck replaced a 2003 Tacoma. Totally different truck from that one; different in a good way. Very comfortable ride, tows better, more power and better fuel economy. More creature comforts. Even though I miss the old one I am totally happy with the new one. Plan on keeping it for years.
<div><br></div>

Should Have Had Longer Test Drive
By Kevin

2017 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab SR 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (2.7L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this vehicle based mostly on Toyotas reputation. I have 13500 miles on the vehicle and the engine has always had a stutter during idle, and it seems to be pulling itself apart from its motor mounts on acceleration. Toyota should not offer a 4 cylinder on a truck this big. It is downright unsafe. I can hardly merge into traffic. The suspension is overly stiff and has about thrown me off the road before when hitting a series of small pot holes on the interstate. I know it is a truck, but there needs to be some dampening. It does a poor job of handling corners. This is all unloaded. I have not even bothered to put any type of load in the vehicle. Today the blower fan went out completely and suddenly with a horrible noise in 95 degree weather. I pulled the part out and of course a cheap plastic insert connection to the drive shaft sheared off. This type of connection should be reinforced - unacceptable, and cutting corners in a bad way - of course made in China. Dealer is back ordered on the replacement. Did I mention I only have 13500 miles on the vehicle. As I was complaining this morning my wife showed me a recall for the rear drive coupling. Really!