Used 2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews - 22 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Tacoma model:

Reasonable Value
By Tony

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The reliability of Toyota is the primary reason that I chose this truck. The pricing is high relative to other vehicles in this class but the strong resale value is the over-riding factor. It is a solid truck, with a great reliability and longevity track record and is reasonably comfortable. I plan on taking full advantage of all these factors.

Great ride
By Ro

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Best truck I ever had!

Nice truck
By Seth Ard

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Fuel economy is not the best but it's an older truck. Otherwise, a fairly decent buy.

Sporty Taco!
By john spagna

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner V6 4dr Double Cab 5.0 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

This Tacoma has been a good vehicle to us. The interior room is good. The sound system is marginal if that is important to you. Drives good. Fuel efficiency is average for a truck. Cant beat the styling.

5 year review
By billu88

2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4dr Double Cab 4WD 6.1 ft. SB (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I have driven this vehicle for 2 years now and I'm very happy with it's style, performance and quality. I replaced a 2003 Tacoma extended cab with this 2011 double cab. The 6 foot bed is the only way to go. I have to back it into my garage because of the extra length but this is one option you should get if you are going to haul anything. Gas mileage is OK, not great but about 19 combined. Handling is good with great acceleration. Brakes are the worst part of this vehicle. I wish they would have changes to 4 wheel disk. The only other issues I have are: A clunk when I slow down and stop, and play in steering while going over bumps off road.
5 year review - Toyota has a TSB for the items above but since it's out of warranty they won't fix them unless I pay for it. I clearly stated that this issue was identified before the warranty period expired but I'm still working on getting the clunk and steering fixed. The brakes are still the worst part of this truck. Toyota needs to upgrade ASAP. Overall, it's been a workhorse for a mid-size truck you can't go wrong with this vehicle. I would consider buying a new one when this one needs to be replaced. I have been involved in Toyota intersection surveys and everything, except the brakes, have been implemented on newer models.
7 year update - Still going strong. I changed the grill to a billet style and added tie-downs in the front of the bed. The double cab with 6' bed is an awesome combination. The brakes are still an issue and I believe that 4 wheel disc would have helped with the poor performance. Overall it has been a great truck and excellent quality for the price.