Used 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan Consumer Reviews

Used Sienna for Sale
Select your model:
12345...8

Pros
Cons

Happily traded the 2011 for 2015!!!

DLu, 11/15/2014
Limited Premium 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The 2015 has made improvements in basically all the areas that I've hated about our 2011 (Limited AWD). In terms of the driving experience, he steering feel and suspension have improved slightly. Rapid inputs in the 2011 are met with a very non-linear resistance, as if it would "catch" at different points of the rotation. That's gone for 2015. The ride has firmed up a bit, but with an equal amount of improvement in body control. The 2011 was needlessly firm with still too much body roll. The improvement in NVH and the interior (see below) sealed the deal for us. Update: We traded it for a 2017. The updated transmission was the biggest draw. It took several months of aggressive driving for the slow-shifting trans to learn, but it's been whipped into shape.

Navigation issues

Destiny, 10/15/2015
SE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I love my Sienna and it is my most favorite vehicle. However the navigation shuts down while driving and freezes and the most disappointing this is that Toyota says there is nothing they can do about it. I bought a brand new car and there is nothing they can do. For that I give Toyota low marks for not finding the issue and not being willing to fix it.

Great Ride But................

Ernest Armentrout, 01/03/2016
LE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I would like to begin with this is a very nice minivan....lets keep that perspective. I did test drive many minivans and smaller SUV's. The Honda Pilot had some features that Toyota could look into (or charge for), and the Honda Odyssey. Almost all reviews gave the Odyssey the thumbs up over the very close second Sienna. However, as with most people looking for the bang for the buck, the Sienna was that "bang"; far more soothing for the wallet. One of the biggest complaints I have (and many more as I read more blogs and posts) about the entire vehicle is the navigation system. Had I known how bad this system was, I would had just had the regular system installed and spent far less money on a double din system and had it installed which would have preformed much more friendly and accurately. On long driving highways the fact that the GPS indication is not as critical for exiting and simple turns. However, do not rely on the GPS image to get you somewhere in a city or crowded neighborhoods or subdivisions. The GPS indication lags, terribly, and despite the POP UP, if you are not already familiar with the area you are driving, you will have to turn around to go back......anyone operating this system will attest to that experience. Also with the technology that will tell the operator that the vehicle is moving and disables the ability to change or find POI's, can not distinguish there is someone located in the passenger seat and allow the passenger to perform what are routine and necessary inputs into the system. After all, the navigation system does not limit how fast you are going for safety purposes when exceeding the speed limit. In fact, this feature may actually cause you to become MORE distracted as you will most likely attempt to get the information from your cell phone. My $100 dollar TOMTOM is far more accessible and accurate than this system, Toyota should be having some serious discussions with the person or group that thought this was a good system. Would like to end on a positive word. I like my Sienna, I am a grandfather, a bowler, a golfer and traveler, and for that reason, I do like this vehicle. Who would of thought after living my entire life, with five kids, after they grown and move away, I would be driving a minivan.......

Traded in 2004 LTD for 2015 XLE premium

seeingsienna, 03/23/2015
XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The old van had 154,000 + miles and served our family for over 10 years with safety, luxury and comfort. Despite that I am impressed with how the new model looks, drives and feels so much more solidly. The XLE Premium has most of the features we want and omits many that we had but never found useful. The current LTD does not warrant a nearly 10 K upcharge. I read extensively about vehicle reviews over many years and can say the Oddy and Sedona rate highly but for us the Sienna fits our needs. We sat in all 3 at the car show for comparison and several family members who own Siennas and Oddys. Both are excellent vehicles with smooth rides. Its a personal choice.

First time minivan owner

dph1, 05/13/2015
XLE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This is my first time owning a minivan. I have a growing family and came from a long line of Honda Accords. I had recently purchased a 2014 Honda Pilot, but VCM vibration has turned me off on all Honda V-6s (if you are in anyway OCD, avoid Honda VCM V-6 engines like the plague - you will feel vibration and hear noise). Thus, I traded it for the Sienna. I have only owned the Sienna two days, but my family loves it! It rides so nicely and smoothly. It has good pickup for a van and seems very well built. The electronics are a easy to master, and the A/C is super cold, which is a huge plus in the humid South. The rear TV is huge, but you can get by with ipads and save the $$.

AWD Tires Frequently Replaced at High Cost

Mike, 05/21/2016
Limited 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This Van is very good except for the tire problem. The AWD version comes with no spare and run flat tires. The run flat tires last between 14,000 and 18,000 miles and come without a manufacturers warrantee. I drive between 25,000 and 30,000 miles per year. I am now at 35,000 (16 months) and am on my third set of tires. the originals were replaced at 15,500. The second set lasted until 34,700 miles. I just put on the 3rd set. The way we drive, if we keep this van for 5 years, I would spend over $11,000.00 on tires. DO NOT BUY THE AWD SIENNA. You can put on regular tires, but you would run without a spare. If you add a spare, you have to buy a mount for the cargo area, but hen you can't fold down the third row seats for more cargo...

It's my Managon....

Scott, 05/02/2016
SE 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

If you have to buy a minivan then the Sienna is for you.....Roomy and handles great. Gas mileage is ok. I love being able to fold up rear seats as the need arises. A few complaints...whoever made the navigation system has never used a Macintosh product. Navigation, voice control, and apps are seriously stupid!! Make it user friendly!! Also, be careful pulling out of parking lots or parking up next to cement sidewalks. The van is so low I have scraped the underside of the front bumper many times. I'm just waiting for it to be yanked off. Side storage on the doors is poor in the front sections. The split screen Blue ray is nice EXCEPT you can't play PS4 or XBOX game systems on it due to low power access.....WTH? Sliding doors are awesome....no more dinged up doors. Handing on this sport edition is ridiculously good though.

Tire Destroyer

Jeff, 08/05/2016
XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Don't by a AWD Sienna until Toyota figures out how to fix the problem with tire wear. I had to replace all four Run Flat Tires at 15,000 miles. My one year old vehicle wouldn't even pass inspection. The tire tread wear was uneven. The dealer said it was initially alignment issues, which was not the case. Bridgestone pro-rated the tires and helped me with the replacement cost, while Toyota did nothing. Bridgestone indicated that this is a manufacturing problem based on how the tires are wearing down. Additionally, they indicated that this is a big problem on the Sienna only. They have helped customers with pro rating tires, but Toyota is not helping. It's a family vehicle and to have a problem like this boils down to $$ and safety. The fact that Toyota has done nothing to fix this problem is a red flag for me. Each tire is about $260 to replace and to only get 15,000 miles out of the first set is a problem. At this rate, I will put 4 sets of tires on the van by the time my lease is up after only 3 years.

Toyota of SunnyvAle does not honor warranty servic

josh Cheng, 08/16/2015
SE Premium 8-Passenger 4dr Minivan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have a 2015 Super White Sienna SE with Premium package. After 1 month, I have been experiencing issues with the Navigation: It powers down while in use and it freezes periodically. When I brought it in Toyota of Sunnyvale, they refused to look into it even though I have the issue on video. I don't recommend a Toyota Sienna until they fix the issue and also alert their Toyota dealers of the problem. When I spoke to Toyota they said that they cannot force a dealership to look into it. So it is tough to buy a product that Toyota cannot stand by and Toyota of Sunnyvale's Director of Service, Bob Pelletier even cussed me out when I tried to get him to look into it. I do love the Sienna if it wasn't for the jittery Navigation system.

Beware of this minivan

D.P., 04/17/2017
XLE 7-Passenger 4dr Minivan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

We bought a new 2015 Sienna during the summer of 2015. Though large inside the vehicle is hard to see out of and has sizable blind spots. The car no longer comes with regular tires and the runflat tires that come as standard equipment are of low quality. We only got 20K miles out of ours and replacements cost twice as much as a decent conventional tire. You don't need runflats since if you end up having a problem you won't be able to pop on a spare and continue your trip. You have 50 miles to get to a tire shop or dealer in order to get a new, overpriced tire. While the car is still under warranty the TPS sensors are starting to break. Toyota's policy is to ask customers to commit to paying a fee to determine if the sensors are covered under the warranty. I ask you, if you have to pay to use it what good is a warranty in the first place. Neither Toyota nor the dealer that sold me the car will put this policy in writing, they just refuse to do the work unless you agree. In this day and age you can do better. Be warned and learn from my experience. If I had known then what I know now I never would have bought the car. Update as requested by Edmunds. Minivan continues to have problems. Most recently a door recall that the dealer required to be done during the week and was an all-day fix. For those who work being unwilling to do recall repairs during their scheduled weekend hours shows the lack of customer service I've come to expect.

12345...8