Skip to main content

Save as much as $943
Select your trim:
12345...12

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

A hybrid that drives like a full size SUV.

Mike R, 03/22/2021
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had the RAV4 for a few weeks but so far loving it. I'm getting about 35 MPG (combined) but I do drive "fast" and tend to gun it from time to time. First off, the RAV4 drives quiet at highway speeds with stock Firestone tires. In sport mode this SUV can move---reports show 0-60 in 7.3 seconds and it feels like it. Toyota sense is nice---but I would recommend an XLE with a few upgraded packages. I like the additional BSM with cross traffic alert, automatic headlights, adaptive cruise control but like the addition of autosensing wipers and power tailgate. BTW, the problems they had with the 2019 and some 2020 models has been fixed---battery drain, roof leak and gas tank filling problem. I have the CR-V as well (2020) and both are great SUVs---both are quiet, comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

Great but for 12 volt battery

EL, 02/17/2021
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the LE, which rides smoothly, gets good mileage, and is comfy for me, an average sized woman. Main problem is that after 3 months it wouldn’t start. The 12 volt battery on which starting depends hadn’t charged. It needed a tow. Dealer replaced the battery for free but told me I didn’t drive enough to keep it charged. Hmmm. I drive short distances 4 or 5 days a week. I’ll also need to leave the car at airport lots or camping sites in the future and worry about battery drain. A new car shouldn’t do this. Except for the battery, which is a big deal, I like it, but think Toyota should anticipate real people’s driving habits.

Exceeding Expectations

Sampson, 10/07/2021
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We brought our 2021 rav 4 Hibred home this evening. Earlier we test drove two other brands of crossovers. The comparison is not even close. The room inside really surprised both my wife and I. The visibility while driving is great. The highway noise was minimal. On the 70 mile trip home we averaged 40.8mpg @60/ 65 mph. The info center is impressive. As an older couple we have a lot to learn about some of its features. The design is attractive and getting in and out of it no problem. Seats are comfortable and the ride seemed to be very smooth. Time will tell, but I think this one is a keeper for us. We have driven 4x4s for 3 decades. We have owned some of the best out there. I will say I believe we got more for our money when we bought this one compared to past purchases of some very popular SUVs.

5 out of 5 stars

Comfy, fast, efficient with speed on demand

Realogist , 01/17/2021
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Love all the hi tech features, and getting around 42mpg. Nice to have a sports mode button for times when need to trade fuel economy for that extra power boost.

Absolutely Love It!

Carolina 29f , 02/23/2021
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the most beautiful vehicle I have owned. It rides more smoothly than my 2018 RAV 4 SE. I am not having any issues with the brake pedal, that I read about in other reviews. I am not having an issue with the noise it makes when transitioning from the battery to gas motor. The interior is quiet. I love all of the features of the Limited trim level. I'm very happy with my purchase.

12345...12