MSRP Starting at
$28,800

Save as much as $22
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Great but for 12 volt battery

EL, 02/17/2021
LE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the LE, which rides smoothly, gets good mileage, and is comfy for me, an average sized woman. Main problem is that after 3 months it wouldn’t start. The 12 volt battery on which starting depends hadn’t charged. It needed a tow. Dealer replaced the battery for free but told me I didn’t drive enough to keep it charged. Hmmm. I drive short distances 4 or 5 days a week. I’ll also need to leave the car at airport lots or camping sites in the future and worry about battery drain. A new car shouldn’t do this. Except for the battery, which is a big deal, I like it, but think Toyota should anticipate real people’s driving habits.

A hybrid that drives like a full size SUV.

Mike R, 03/22/2021
XLE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've only had the RAV4 for a few weeks but so far loving it. I'm getting about 35 MPG (combined) but I do drive "fast" and tend to gun it from time to time. First off, the RAV4 drives quiet at highway speeds with stock Firestone tires. In sport mode this SUV can move---reports show 0-60 in 7.3 seconds and it feels like it. Toyota sense is nice---but I would recommend an XLE with a few upgraded packages. I like the additional BSM with cross traffic alert, automatic headlights, adaptive cruise control but like the addition of autosensing wipers and power tailgate. BTW, the problems they had with the 2019 and some 2020 models has been fixed---battery drain, roof leak and gas tank filling problem. I have the CR-V as well (2020) and both are great SUVs---both are quiet, comfortable and enjoyable to drive.

Rugged beauty

Loan, 12/05/2020
XSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I’ve only had this vehicle for about a month, but I’ve really enjoyed everything about it so far. Overall, incredibly gorgeous on the outside, but you can also tell she’s tough on out the outside. Great size for me (5’3” petite female). Also excited to take it out to go camping/hiking and yet feel safe doing so. Color detailing is unique and beautiful—pearl white has microscopic pearlescent “glitter” on the white AND black paint (so pretty!). Drive: smooth, quiet, great turn radius, great backup camera, blind spot beepers alarm me (so helpful for me!)... one thing is that I notice how “loud” it becomes upon accelerating...but that makes sense since the car is already so quiet (like a golf cart!)...not a complaint of mine, just an observation. Interior feels luxurious and appreciate the heated seats/steering wheel (I live in an area with snow). Love the pano roof too! Audio system (JBL speakers) is insanely clear and can get very load...the only thing is the entertainment center seems so far away in reach for me and feel I have to bend forward and try extra hard to reach the controls. Engine-wise, no complaints so far. Haven’t had any issues as some of the previous models have mentioned (eg dead battery after few months). I am usually extremely diligent with routine maintenance for my cars, so I have faith we can also catch/diagnose any issues along the way before they get bad. There’s no wonder this vehicle is so popular.

Ad
Build Your RAV4 Hybrid
At a Glance:
  • 4 Colors
  • 5 Trims
Build and Pricetoyota.com
Prototype shown with options using visual effects.

Absolutely Love It!

Carolina 29f , 02/23/2021
Limited 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the most beautiful vehicle I have owned. It rides more smoothly than my 2018 RAV 4 SE. I am not having any issues with the brake pedal, that I read about in other reviews. I am not having an issue with the noise it makes when transitioning from the battery to gas motor. The interior is quiet. I love all of the features of the Limited trim level. I'm very happy with my purchase.

Love it!

NJ, 12/05/2020
XSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This RAV offers a smooth ride and has much more room than years past. I look forward to leaving a smaller footprint on this planet. So many wonderful features. I went from a highlander to this and do not notice that is is smaller. It’s a great AWD car!