Used 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific FJ Cruiser model:

Cannot Part With It
By Mac MacFarlane

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

It is a great off road vehicle as well as a great highway vehicle. I have owned over 50 new vehicles in my lifetime pretty much covering the gambit of cars and trucks. The FJ is the only one that has actually appreciated in value rather than deprecated. I am a car junkie and every time I see something new that I get excited about trading the FJ for, I change my mind. There’s nothing out there that can compare with the FJ. It’s looks are unique and it rides as well as any car I have ever owned. I go off road with a group of other FJ owners about once a month. We allow a few Jeeps in the group, and they all wish they had an FJ. Jeeps are really pieces of junk compared to the FJ. I have 21000 miles on my 2014 and there’s not even a rattle. The visibility problem that some FJ owners complain about is easily solved with a couple of fisheyes on your mirrors. I’ve never had a problem with visibility. I love the fact that the FJ is relatively low tech. It has a backup camera, Bluetooth, and cruise control. Power seats would be the only thing I would like. I’m a cyclist and I can throw my road bike in the back which I do a couple of times a week. I get an email once a month from my local Toyota Dealer wanting me to trade for a new 4Runner. I keep telling him that will never happen. The FJ looks better and is worth more money once you drive the 4Runner off the lot. I’ve already been offered $5000 more than I paid for it.

FUN for the Weekends!
By bob

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this as a third car. Manual transmission, so ONLY ME driving! Had a previous FJ Cruiser (2014 w/ 37,000 mi) that was totaled in an accident (NOT my FAULT!) Expect the vehicle to hold it's value and can be turned over to another family member...EVENTUALLY! ALWAYS garaged!!

Research, Research, Research
By K.P.

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Look at the reviews for this vehicle and do research before you jump in to buy. Although this vehicle looks cool on the outside you will notice safety issues once you start driving, just to name a few: you have reduced visibility to the left and right sides while driving and you can't see some of the smaller vehicles, also the driver seat is too low, I had to put 3 layers of cushion on the seat to raise me up so I could get a better driving view and I'm not short at 5'7, I strongly urge you to test drive this vehicle not just for 15 minutes but rent it for at least a week to see if there's things you don't like. It's not for everyone. Update: I have not taken a long trip with this vehicle yet but if I do I'll give you my opinion.

FJ Cruiser Rules the off road world
By Sgt. Wungun

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Don't worry about rearward visibility. Who looks back? This SUV is all about forward motion. I have owned 4 wheel drives for over 42 years. Scout, Jeep GMC, Fords by the bucket load and nothing matches the shear fun of riding around the mountains in a FJ Cruiser. These have a high resale value for a reason.

I love my FJ
By joealtavilla@gmail.com

2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

Goes anywhere. Very reliable. easy low cost maintenance