Used 2002 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews - 98 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Toyota ECHO Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific ECHO model:

My lil buddy
By TEENA G

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

My Echo is a GREAT car. I still get compliments. Ive had it since 2005 and its a 2003 model. No problems so far. I get all fluids and tires changed regularly. This is the best car I have ever had. Still running strong at 118000 miles. Gas mileage is better than my new car. Shes a keeper for life.

I Love my Little Echo
By DB Cooper

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car new in 2002, and it has been across the country twice. Bought it because it can hold a 5-piece drum set with hardware, and a roadie. Awesome MPG, gets 43mpg on the highway with the AC on. Handles like a little tank in the snow (with studded snow tires).
Lots of headroom, nice height of the vehicle floor. You don't bruise your thighs getting into our out of the car, you can just turn and step out.
Instrument panel is center, not behind the steering wheel, which is supremely excellent design.
Rugged, spartan interior— not always the most comfortable on long drives, but adding your own soft things makes it totally fine.
I love this car and intent to drive it until it turns to compost.

Love my Echo!!!
By Junerose Graham

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

I bought mine in 2005 with 25,000 and the engine blew at 202,220 miles. My mechanic found an engine for a 2015 Toyota Yaris
Now it runs like brand new again!!! It's my baby, i love it so much!!!

They go forever!
By Rick Goudzwaar

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 5M)

Strong running engine. Mine is all manual including windows, door locks, etc. With regular maintenance these cars will go forever.

Love our Echos!
By Jeff Harning

2002 Toyota ECHO 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl 4A)

We purchased an Echo and I was jealous of my husband driving it, that we bought a second one six months later!!
The maneuverability is fantastic. Repairs have been minimal, just normal tires, etc. the gas mileage cannot be beat.
We are selling both of them now for a larger vehicles to carry grandchildren! We had intended to continue driving our His and Hers Echos for many years to come!