Used 1997 Toyota Celica Consumer Reviews - 32 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Toyota Celica

View reviews for a specific Celica model:

Incredible
By Rugby in Texas

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for close to 10 years, and there is nothing better. Could use more horsepower, but it works. I just got in my first accident. I totalled the other car. I connected the battery cable and I was off with some physical damage on the car but still in great driving condition, This car is a security blanket, superbly reliable. I will never get rid of it.

1997 Toyota Celica Convertible
By albo

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I purchased this car for fun and am very much enjoying it. It has only 71k mi. and is very clean. It handles great. I feel 18 again with the top down. I have always liked this model and have not been sorry.

Design, sporty handling, rides nice and is economical.

Bigger engine, cupholder.

Wow!
By Oh, joy!

1997 Toyota Celica GT Limited Edition 2dr Convertible

I bought this car just shy of two weeks ago and I cannot believe how pleased I am already. The GT is a performance machine that lives up to every expectation. It gets going in a hurry, feels like it will never let go of the road, and makes the driver truly a part of the drive. Sitting in this car felt like home to me right from the start of the test drive. It is also a Toyota, which gives me every confidence in its reliability. Finally, the fun-to-drive factor is way beyond a mere "10." The only negative I can find about it is the placement of the cupholders. But this is a non-issue placed alongside the overwhelming positives. It's a winner.

Too many favorites to list. I guess just the feel of driving it; the confidence I get from how it handles the road. It's the most capable car I've ever owned.

Only one. Real cupholders that hold a reasonably-sized beverage and do not place them between the arm rest and the stick shift.

Cute car, fun to drive
By Keri

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

This is my first car that I've had to myself. It is perfect for me. Very reliable, great gas mileage, and fun to drive. It has a tiny engine, but you can't tell by the way it drives. It has plenty of power for such a small car. It has sufficient room for me and for my stuff in the trunk (I am a musician). But it is pretty tight for carrying passengers. There are four seats and I don't recommend this car if you are tall. Other than that, it is a great little car. It is very sporty looking, and heads always turn as a drive past. I am extremely satified with my Celica.

Styling, color (super red), seats and mats embroidered with "celica", spoiler, stock cd player and sound system is amazing!, reliability, gas mileage, power, handling (handles great on ice too), nice, five spoke wheels, good condition.

Limited edition comes with wood trim around the dash etc. It originally was nice, but when it's aged, the layers separate and it looks ugly. Fortunately, the trim is easy to remove and you can either leave it or buy new trim online. It is a cute, tiny car. Don't expect leg room in the back seat.

All I could ask for
By Alan

1997 Toyota Celica ST Limited Edition 2dr Hatchback

My daughter has been driving this vehicle for over 5 years and it has been the best vehicle I've ever owned. The performance has been excellent, the maintenance very low and the overall cost of driving exceptional. The styling of the 97 Celica is classic and even after 9 years the body and paint are in excellent condition. It runs like a jewel and I believe it will continue to give us great service well beyond 150,000 miles. A great car!

Beautiful body style. Great paint (Red). Absolutely the best AC system ever made. Fun to drive