2018 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 159 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Gained looks, lost brains
By Tim-A

2018 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

My gf and I rented an SE in Atl for 4 days. Here are some pros and cons of this vehicle. To start, it's a sharp looking car; aggressive lines, low, and large wheels make this stand out. Further, the handling is not your typical Camry as they changed the rear suspension to double wishbone. It handles like an older E60 5 series; very well planted but supple on the highway. Speaking of highway, the mpg is ridiculous. At 75mpg I was averaging 42 to the gallon. Over the course of our trip we drove around 100 miles. To refill before returning cost me a whopping $9. Impressive. The Cons are big however. The transmission needs an office space printer style beating. The 8 speed hunts for gears like an old basset hound whose lost her smell. There's a sport mode with paddle shifters, but they may as well have been developed by Fisher Price. A long 1 second pause between shifts happens before the tranny decides to act. Especially from a dead stop, the delay is maddening. My gf's head was constantly hitting the back of the headrest from the jerkiness. If your in sport mode and you don't pull the paddle, it goes into auto immediately. Moreover, the engine is chintzy and harsh. It whines when pushed above 3k. The entertainment system left a lot to be desired as well. Developed in house, its touch interface was slow and the layout was wonky. So in summary, the new 2018 Camry is kinda like the old Pontiac Fiero. Great looks but underpowered, a terrible transmission (the same shared with the new Tacomas that drivers also hate), and cheap tech on the inside. Stay far away from this one for now.

More excuses than my ex
By Murray

2018 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Overall I am really am happy with my 2018 Camry SE, and would recommend it, the enfotainment system needs help. Entune 3.0 has constant interuptions,no connection found,try again,buffering,no connection on and on. Sometimes I am half way to work before the program uploads. Having been married i'm used to excuses, but do I need to tolerate it with my entertainment system?

Metallic Cherry supercar
By RB35

2018 Toyota Camry L 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I looked at 5 different dealers before making my lease purchase. Arlington Toyota was outstanding. The drivers seat fits me like a glove and is very comfortable. I had Corvettes abd Mustangs in my youth so I enjoy engine sound. The car handles great and even warns me if I get too close to the lane divider. So far I am a very happy purchaser. RB35

Camry's infotainment leaves much to be desired
By Paul Finer

2018 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Don't buy this car if you enjoy satellite radio. It is difficult and distracting from driving to use the radio, Entune system. Honda has a much simpler and user friendly interface. MPG is not what they say either.

Great gas milage
By Ken

2018 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Bought mine certified used with 9.900 miles. se 4 cylinder. Like the looks of the car. But a lot of dull black plastic on front end. Car rides and drives good overall. But a lot of road noise. This car gets better gas milage than my wife's 2014 corolla.