2018 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews - 168 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Toyota Camry Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Camry model:

Did anyone actually test drive it?
By W C Farnsworth

2018 Toyota Camry XLE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

The pluses? Tremendous headlights, good handling and mpg, plus it's quite comfortable. BUT little things Toyota missed, or didn't care about, drive me nuts on this car. You cannot roll down the back windows at over 25 mph or your ears will be pulsated to oblivion (well that's not a little thing). Plus the back windows wind down at warp speed so cracking a window for the dog is basically distracted driving. There's a release clip in the trunk that won't stay in place, the front bumper cover is held in place with FRAIL, cheap plastic clips, (as in UNBELIEVABLY cheap, my toaster's crumb tray is held on better) and replacement is $$$$$$$. One of my clips is cracked from scraping on a parking space marker at maybe one mph (seriously). and the dealership basically blew me off wouldn't even attempting to reattach it. Sent me to a body shop. The four cylinder engine is NOISY and shifts are rough at times, the tranny sounds like it has 200K miles on it. Except the headlights and the safety stuff, my 1999 Camry was a FAR better built car. Wow, I am Mr. Buyer's Remorse. I hate to take a beating but I am already looking to get out of this car at 7.500 miles. Sad. Don't even get me started on the COMPLETELY useless navigation system. I even called and sat in my driveway for 20 minutes while a tech reinstalled it, a complete waste of time. The entire Toyota Entune system is garbage, a complete shock from Toyota.

Poor Quality
By Mellsworth

2018 Toyota Camry XSE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Entune 3.0 horrible, JBL audio low qualit, build quality bad. Front doors sound extremely cheap and hollow when closing. My XSE has a loose roof, noticed day two of ownership. Told it’s needs complete roof. Parts alone close to $4k. Really poor and customer service is not up to par. When they contact you they leave instructions to call back. Not possible and make tons on excuses. Car looks great, has exact fuel economy as listed, rides and handles well. Oh last thing. Never lift the driver side wiper to clean or remove snow or such. It hits the edge of the hood and damaged the paint. You can’t lift the wipers. What idiot approved that design. Really questioning this purchase.

Totally Satisfied
By William James

2018 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I have the SE model with the upgraded package. Great car! Still getting compliments on it and it's been almost a year since purchase. I hate the Scout gps navigation app system and I miss having fog lamps and a CD player. Other than that ... no real complaints so far. It drives great. Part of me wishes I got the XSE model but I saved 5k on my SE so hey.

Toyota engineers should be fired
By John

2018 Toyota Camry LE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

Don’t buy this 2018 Camry ...the 8speed transmissions is garbage from the factory..don’t make the mistake and buy this lemon...this review is not about the dealer....this problem is Toyota engineers......get the Honda Accord.....the gears on this lemon shift hard slams the gears and shutters ....poor quality......

I shopped through Edmunds!
By Xee

2018 Toyota Camry SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 8A)

I discovered my great buy of my vehicle through Edmund's! I needed a car. I was shopping for 2018 Camry and was willing to travel the distance for it. Glad i did. My first brand new car ever!!! Im in love!